Trailer Light Replacement

• Thread starter Michael Ludwikowski
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I blew a tail light bulb last weekend so while I had to replace the one, I bit the bullet and replaced both tail lights with LED's.

Man what a difference. I was pretty simple too. If you have the oval tail lights in the rubber grommets, its as simple as unplugging and popping out the old one, popping in and plugging in the new one.

I also repalaced 2 of the amber side markers with LED's.

Lud

I want to do that on my trailer with the oval LED's in BPS catalogs. They look sweet. Plus they're supposed to be a lot brighter. That's what Ranger is putting stock on their trailers now anyway.

SevinPin,

I bought mine at Gander Mountain. They are made by Optronics.

$27.99 for the tail lights.

$5.99 for the side markers.

If you don't have a Gander Mountain near you, Cabela's sells the same ones. Once on their website, just do a search for Optronics.

And Rob's right, they do look sweet and they are brighter. I also red where they are also suppose to last a lot lot longer.

Lud

http://www.cabelas.com

They DO last a LOT longer!

Some Tractor Trailer Owner-Operators have been using them for years! The cost is the only thing that stops many. But when you see a big rig coming at you with all the chicken lights a-blaring, you can bet they're LED's!

I bought some LED lights a couple months ago also from BPS. I believe they were made by Sea Sense and they are available in the rectangular and the oval model. I really like them alot as they are much brighter. I kept blowing bulbs and had all kinds of troubles with the lights on the trailer. I completely rewired it and put the LED lights on and so far, not a single problem. The original wiring was pretty low grade and a small gauge.

jd

I just received a BPS Outdoor World Flyer for this weeks Boating & Camping Classic at the Maryland store.......They have the Sea Sense Submersible LED Trailer Light Kit on sale for $39.88 and their Low-Profile LED kit for $49.88....

Thought I'd pass this info along since you brought up the LED topic!!

Latest posts

Back