Trailer brake problem solved?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene B

Reaction score
Well I got a chance to start looking at my brakes on the trailer. (they wouldn't release to back up) I tried putting power on the plug and got no click from the actuator. Then I looked at the condition of the wire going up into the tongue. It looked good. I tried to see where it connected to the actuator, but couldn't see anything thru the small slot that the wires run thru. I pulled the pin for the swing away tongue so I could see from the open end of the tongue. With a flash light I was able to see the wire frome the harness entered the tongue and went up over the roller inside the tongue for the sliding part of the brake system and came back on the opposite side. I removed the rear pin and pushed the roller down so I could pull the wire back out. It was cut in half by the roller. There was probobly 8 inches of extra wire. I spliced it back together with a shrink wrap connector, and now I hear a click when I put power on the harness. I used a coat hanger to pull the extra wire away from the brake system. I can't wait to try it tommorrow. After 3 years I'll be able to back up my trailer without getting out to bypass the surge brake.

It's the small things in life that bring us the most happiness. LOL

Gene

Go Gene!!!

I've heard plenty of squeeling tires as folks backed boats down the ramp...not a pleasant sound!

Hope you're out enjoying this awesome weather and catching some fish!!!

Me and Jake won our last club tournament of the season wednesday night...didn't do as good this season as last...2 wins and 2 other places...

az

Andy, The last time I was down to St. Clair with you, my buddy Fred did that. It sounds even worse when its your own trailer tires squealing. LOL

I did get out Saturday. I felt like crap but I figured I could feel like crap while fishing just as easily as I could laying on the couch. I caught 8, 3 over 14" with the biggest about 16". I did break off a nice one. I was going to re-tie after the fish I caught just before it but never got around to it.

Gene

been there on the break off thing...

I remember those squeeling wheels now that you mention it...

Been all kinds of stuff biting here!

Jake and I caught some nice salmon on Friday...

Made my first ever attempt at smoking them...

Brought some in to work today and the consensus is "I did good" LOL

Got 3 gallon zip-locks full of chunks...I'll be bringing in some more tomorrow!!!

az

I think you should fed-x some this way and let me be the judge, I'm pretty particular so you should send about 5# to get an accurate assessment.LOL

Gene

LOL

I'm gonna vacuum seal some and then freeze it...

'maybe' there will still be some around for BASS U???

Interesting recipe...

The 'brine' solution is apple juice, salt, and brown sugar.

Then, you sprinkle ground cloves over the fish when you put it in the smoker...

I used charcoal to fire the smoker and then added mesquite chips for the smoke..

mmmmmmmmm

az

Latest posts

Back