Tracker with Merc 90 throttle position help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikael88fedon

Reaction score
Good afternoon.

Just joined the group. We got a 2023 Tracker Pro Guide V16 with a Mercury 90 and love it so far. Got it late last year

I just finished the 100hr annual and decided to snoop in the cowl because I believe the engine wasn’t giving 100% maybe per the top speed tracker website claimed.

I noticed at full throttle the butterfly didn’t open all the way (please see pictures). Can someone confirm that it’s opening to the correct amount or do I need to adjust the vertical linkage to open more.

I confirmed that even with the lower pivot there the hand throttle linkage connects to fully pushed forward manually doesn’t make it go any further and hits it’s own hardstop.

I just installed a vessel view mobile and it dosent show throttle position which would have been nice.

Thanks again for any help and happy to learn a forum exists for Tracker and Nitro fans

Attachments

• IMG_0639.jpeg
    IMG_0639.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0640.jpeg
    IMG_0640.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0641.jpeg
    IMG_0641.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0642.jpeg
    IMG_0642.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Forgot to mention that the first picture is full throttle and the second set is me turning it by hand to the hard stop on the assembly

1st thing I would check is RPM at WOT. If it is in the correct range, it still might be running rich.
I wouldn't change anything. I would have the dealer look at it. You don't want to jeopardize your warranty.

Forgot to mention that the first picture is full throttle and the second set is me turning it by hand to the hard stop on the assembly
I believe that the second picture is the correct position. The allen screw with the blue paint on it is the factory set stop position for wide open throttle .

I reached out to the dealer last week and to the salesman but not replied yet.

The Allen screw with blue I believe is the idle position because the black arm rests on it when throttle is at idle.

I rarely if ever use full throttle because I have no issues cruising at 28-30mph so I’ll also be looking to go to a spitfire prop sometime this season

I believe that the second picture is the correct position. The allen screw with the blue paint on it is the factory set stop position for wide open throttle .
Thanks for the info.
With some searching online I see mentions of Link & Sync. Is this for all 2 and 4 stroke engine or just for older engines?

Thanks for the info.
With some searching online I see mentions of Link & Sync. Is this for all 2 and 4 stroke engine or just for older engines?
The for mention of the link and sync mostly pertains to carbureted motors which can be 2 or 4 stroke outboard motors. Link means the linkage on the out board that controls the fuel and the synchronization between the ignition system and the linkage. Kind of like turning a distributor in a car as the throttle moves so should the timing.

I reached out to the dealer last week and to the salesman but not replied yet.

The Allen screw with blue I believe is the idle position because the black arm rests on it when throttle is at idle.

I rarely if ever use full throttle because I have no issues cruising at 28-30mph so I’ll also be looking to go to a spitfire prop sometime this season
Contact their service department, the sales people are useless for this purpose. When I purchased my V16 last year, I met with a salesperson, but immediately went to the service department to speak with their techs. Gave me the lowdown on the motor and boat.
Your motor comes with a 5 year warranty and if you're not happy, they need to make it right. Force the issue, call corporate, email Johnny Morris. Just don't give up.

Latest posts

Back