Tracker tires

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

william Clark

Reaction score
How does someone design a tire that won't last this long? My boat is only 9 months old and sit up in the garage for 3 months. Has only one long trip on them 5 1/2 hours one way. Normal trips to lakes here in Kentucky and they are almost bald. When I first noticed wear on them I looked on this board and found others saying to run at 50 psi and that is where I kept them. Before that I ran them at 45 psi. The boat I have is a 04Nx750dc. Any suggestions on the next set of tires? Thanks Clark

I have had good luck with Carlisle Radial Trailer tires. VERY IMPORTANT, MAKE SURE YOUR TONGUE IS LEVEL OR SLIGHTLY ELEVATED AT THE HITCH. I wore out a set of tires in one trip where the tongue was slightly down at the hitch when both boat and car were totally loaded.

Clark, you might have other problems. I'm still running the original tires on my 2001 PT 185 and they're still knee deep in tread. I've been on many long, +300 mile trips too in addition to countless trips up the turnpike to my favorite lake about 45 miles from my home.

Harpo

I have a 1996 PT-17 that has had the same tires on the trailer since it was new and still had plenty of tread. I replaced them this year because of side-wall issues. I don't know the make

but they were the Tracker Marine raised white letter ones that came with the boat. The tires I just put on are Titan Radials.

Bill

Clark - I'm with Harpo on this one. My 2000 PC 175 has the same original tires, and i've used it an average of twice a month 12 months a year.

Are they both worn in the same place? Is it worn on one side vs the center???

clark, i dont know whass going on, but i have a 94 pro-18 with the same tracker marine tires on it that come on it. 11 yrs. old and still have alot of tread on them. paul.

Clark --

You may want to talk to your dealer..

Sounds like the trailer is out of alinement..or something..??????????

Do you have any "wobblel" side to side while towing.. Is your trailer - level when hooked up to your truck / suv. I have heard not enough tongue wieght will cause problems??

Good luck HaleDamage-----------------------------------------------------------------Rick Hale

Clark, I have the same year pkg as you,and have 10k on the trailer already and tires are in great shape.

I have a '99 185 and the stock bias tires wore unevenly and wavey. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the axle free of charge because they said it was bent. Put on a new set of "bias" tires (not trackers) and after about 2000 miles the same uneven wear patterns started to show again. Put on new radial tires and so far after about 1500 miles every thing is looking good. I really believe it's those cheap a%# bias tires. Carl

Thanks for all the replys, I haven't noticed any issues while pulling. I was wondering myself though if the axle may be out of alignment. As far as tongue weight I am not sure. I can lift it if I get my back under the hull with some strain. My 03pt175 I had before the tires wore normal also.

I tow with a 03 Dakota v8 and barely even notice it there so I am stumped. I will run it by the dealer but don't expect much from them. I guess I need to give them a shot and see what happens. Thanks again, Clark

It is those JUNK Bias Plyed POC tires....Gettin' ready to replace mine on my 02' 185 and what's funny only one started doing it until someone suggested running 50 PSI and it got a little better but, for some oddball reason..the other side is doing it now so I took it to my tire guru and he immediately identified that particular brand is very cheaply made.

Kinda' like puttin' crappy General tires on a new 04' GMC;)

I'm going with Marathons but, I can't get em' with white letters which is what I want.

Anybody know of one with OWL other than Carlisle's?

TEE

Oh and BTW guys...I just put a set of 255/70R15's LEMANS SR tires (Dayton Tire I believe)on my Silverado and absolutely love em' so far. Rides nice,tires were true and have very little weight.

Don't know how they'll wear but my guru said he's had good luck with them:)

You guys are startin' to worry me about the Tracker tires :unsure: . Got a question though; why aren't trailer tires balanced (with the lead weights) like vehicle tires...or are they sometimes? :blink:

I've stated it here before...I had terrible wear on the bias tires that came with the trailer...I have perfectly normal wear with the radials...don't know what else to say....no changes were made to the trailer...

az

Yes WW...have your trailer tires balanced. I don't no why they don't...any tire needs balanced unless you want wear:huh:

Absolutely agree with TEE.

Keep caps on the valve stems, too. Preferably metal ones. You'd be surprised how much air can leak out through the valve without you even realizing it.

Don't get me started. Everytrip in the last two years that I have taken which was more than an hour from my house I have blown out a tire. Including this past weekend on the way home from Lake Fork. I stopped at the shreveport bass pro and bought two 4ply radial trailer tires with the rims and all and put them on in the parking lot.

Well see what happens, I have them aired up to the max 50 psi. They did well on the three hours from bass pro to my house.

I think the tires I have been blowing out were under sized and rated for the weight of the trailer.

Wolf

Thanks, TEE & me! (that rhymes :) ),

Looks like I have some tires to get balanced. Haven't noticed any hopping or anything from the trailer when on the road, but better safe than sorry.

Not on your best day there Staci:rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::unsure:

Maybe mine are balanced and I don't know it. I'll take a look at the backside of the rims for the weights. :unsure:

Hmmm... I've got two years on mine (PT175, galvanized Trailstar trailer) and the tread still looks great. I'd guess that I've logged about 10K plus miles on them.

Latest posts

Back