Tracker - Mercury

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Elkins

Reaction score
Does anyone know why some Tracker Marine Mercury Motors have the standard Mercury decals on the engine and others have Tracker by Mercury?

No big deal just wondering???? I thought it was a Tracker vs Nitro issue but there are Nitro's that come with Tracker by Mercury decals.

I don't know why they use different decals but we think it stinks. Our nitro 188 has Tracker decals and we've order new Mercury decals for about $120. I wish they would do one thing or the other. Our dealer said he wouldn't know until they pulled the motor out of the box and of course with our luck it wasn't what we wanted.

I think it has something to do with the horsepower and carb vs. EFI vs. Optimax. Once you get above a certain level, the decals change from "Tracker by Mercury Marine" to "Mercury, Nitro Series". That's the only thing I can think of.

When I got My ProV 16 Combo, I upgraded to a 75 and it is a Mercury motor. I don't have an explanation.

Not sure why tracker does it like that but my new 700lx has mercury decals on the 60hp that came with it. It is an 2003 mercury outboard. Could that be why?

Latest posts

Back