Tracker Combo V175 prop size

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usavion

Reaction score
Hello All

Boat/Motor information: 2018 Tracker Combo V175, 115 hp 4 stroke, 14 pitch, 6000 rpm, 33 mph.

I switched from a 17 to 14 pitch based on the Mercury prop selection link and it then gave me the 6000 rpm, better hole shot and 33 mph up from 30. This is with just 2 ppl in the boat ( 170 lbs each, no gear, half tank gas, glass-like water, Rapid City, SD)

Two questions:
1. I do not seem to reaching full plane as witnessed by water spray out the sides of my boat. On a calm day at 33 mph, 6000 rpm and trimmed out fully the water spray can be seen at straight out from the steering wheel, left and right. This to me is not getting fully on plane.
2. I would think this boat should do 40 mph and get up on full plane.

Any other tracker v175, 115 hp users care to comment please ??

rpm, mph and where your spray ( straight out from drivers seat ) or back towards the transom more ???

Thanks to all and tight lines and great fishing to all.

I have a 2013 pg175. Combo
I run a 17 pitch solas 4 blade
Ive hit 42 gps with two of us and gear calm water. Generally with gas people and gear i get 39-40 gps @ 5700 rpm decent holeshot and no sidespray.

What elevation are you at there. Higher elevation can decrease performance.

I have a 2013 pg175. Combo
I run a 17 pitch solas 4 blade
Ive hit 42 gps with two of us and gear calm water. Generally with gas people and gear i get 39-40 gps @ 5700 rpm decent holeshot and no sidespray.

Tony, what are your rpms when you hit 42? Can you give me the model number of the Solas prop you're using? I'm using their 3 blade 17 pitch and I'm getting 6000+ RPMs and have hit 41 in my 2014 v175 SC (115 merc 4 stroke). How is your 30mph cruising on rpms and lift?

Also, have any of you found a way to tighten the steering slop? I don't have much, but on these "idle only" lakes, it can shift direction way too easily (steering wheel doesn't move). I'm thinking surely there's an adjustment to tighten up the cable like on motorcycle cables.

42 gps was on s calm morning no wind no chop. 5900 rpms. Not sure if I remember correctly cruising at 30 mph around 4000 rpms.
as for the wandering at idle speed its the nature of the beast.

My boats at my cabin so don’t know the model number right now

Finman what is your prop size and diameter ?? Was it the blackmax 17 p ?? Any altitude ??

I’m at 2000 ft two 240lb guys full of gas and got 42 on gps 46 on Speedo on glass like water. That’s running the original black max prop with stingray classic hydrofoil. 5600 rpm

Hello All

Boat/Motor information: 2018 Tracker Combo V175, 115 hp 4 stroke, 14 pitch, 6000 rpm, 33 mph.

I switched from a 17 to 14 pitch based on the Mercury prop selection link and it then gave me the 6000 rpm, better hole shot and 33 mph up from 30. This is with just 2 ppl in the boat ( 170 lbs each, no gear, half tank gas, glass-like water, Rapid City, SD)

Two questions:
1. I do not seem to reaching full plane as witnessed by water spray out the sides of my boat. On a calm day at 33 mph, 6000 rpm and trimmed out fully the water spray can be seen at straight out from the steering wheel, left and right. This to me is not getting fully on plane.
2. I would think this boat should do 40 mph and get up on full plane.

Any other tracker v175, 115 hp users care to comment please ??

rpm, mph and where your spray ( straight out from drivers seat ) or back towards the transom more ???

Thanks to all and tight lines and great fishing to all.
Very curious as to what elevation you are running this boat at. Mine with stock prop (2021 v175 comb) w/ 2 dogs, a wife, gear and cooler, was hitting 46mph gps at appx same rpm w/ 115 xs. I did slow it down to 40 mph with the whale tail...they are dogs getting out of the hole. I run at roughly 3500 ft...with the deep V profile, wind makes a huge difference in speed...have noticed a lot of the bass boats following me when the 3 and 4 footers start:) hooe your enjoy your boat and get to the speed you desire...have fun!

Latest posts

Back