Tracker 175 - Mercury 60HP: Prop Advice

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Kling

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Tracker PT 175 with a 4 stroke 60HP EFI Mercury on the back. Currently running a Mercury 3 blade prop with a pitch of 15.

I'm running about 34mph with this setup at 5250 rpm's. When I trim up to try and get a couple extra mph's, I start to porpoise. I was on glass flat water over the weekend and I couldn't trim up too far or else I would get the porpoising.

I'm thinking of going with a 14 pitch prop, but I doubt that is going to help my porpoising problem.

I would go with the new Spitfire 14", it will give you a little more transom lift, much quicker hole-shot, and a few hundred rpm increase. Do not over trim, trim only to where the boat "settles in" and gives you decent top speed. Excessive trim and porpoising go hand in hand. ;)

Thanks Bob. My motor is a 60HP bigfoot model. From what I understand, the 14pitch isn't an option for the bigfoot? So i have a choice between the 13 or the 15. If I'm only turning 5250 with the current 15 p itch prop, do you think dropping to a 13 is a good or bad idea?

Yes, that is correct, they are "odd-sized" only. I would drop down to the 13", you'll see approx 400rpm more.....should put you right in the sweet spot. Members get a 10% discount and I have them in stock.....e-mail [email protected], or call 1-800-370-2628 if interested....;)

i had one and i bought a ss prop for it and i had to drop to the 13p and it ran sweet then and raised the rpm's perfect !!!!

Latest posts

Back