Tough Tourney

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
We had one of those tournaments that frustrate the begeebers out of ya! We caught over 25 keeper bass but no size. We tried everything and everything worked for just keeper size. Only two boats out of 22 had anything over 2.5lbs. One guy weighed in a 4.95lbr and only finished 3rd! He had basically nothing to go with it. Here is the baffling thing, over ten boats didn't even finish with a limit! We finished in 6th, first out of the money and only .08lbs from 5th!!!!:blink:

Oh well, at least we caught fish, and on everything we threw!

Hope all are having tight lines this year!

Randy!

sounds like the dreaded "post spawn" blues!!:eek::wacko: The big females are layin' deep and low,..watchin' Oprah,...while the males are still trollin' and hittin' the fridge!:wub:

Sounds like me at Lake Hartwell last month. I caught 15 and weighed in 7.02 lbs. I caught 10 on Clark's Hill last Saturday and only 3 were barely keepers. I'm gonna try it again tomorrow.

That sounds like Eli and I in our first tourney this year in early May, we had a limit by 9AM (a first for us), all 3 milk run holes had fish, but all were barely legal and we fished for 5 more hours trying to upsize, we culled 6-7 times but were increasing our sack by ounces not lbs! Oh well! Were heading out in 1 hour for a local tourney that you only weigh 1 fish per person!! 75% of pot goes to big fish and 25% goes to lighest 12 inch fish!!!

Latest posts

Back