Blew our first tourney

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
Well my partner and I made a bonehead mistake this weekend.

First tourney of the year, beauritful weather and on the fish. We have a limit in 20 minutes reaching our first location. Refine our pattern throughout the day and upgrade to about 13 lbs. We are fishing out last location of the day when I don't see any of the other 33 boats on the water. I ask how much time do we have and his reply is 55 minutes ... er .... uh .... uh .... what time does it end? I say 2pm their time and 1pm our time. (time zone changes...). He says " Oh sh*t! we are five minutes late. We go into the launch and see the director that gives us the cut throat sign meaning we have been DQ'd!!!! Ends up first place was 17.5 lbs and 2nd was 11.5 lbs. We would have had at least 2nd and $300 plus!!!!!!!! :(

We leave it up to the boater for the tourney to keep time and the non-boater to cull etc...... We do have a system that is pretty successful but this one time ... ouch.

To top it off a dink threw a trap and yep, my first hook past the barb in my little finger. I had to pop it out and felt like a hornet stung me. It is ok today.

Well I guess we all live and learn and it doesn't matter how long you've been doing this, something is going to happen and not always good.:blink:

Good fishing everyone.

Randy

Wow, tough way to start the year. Could have been worse. Ya coulda had 18 pounds!!:wacko:I always use the alarm on the fishfinder, that way I don't even have to think about it.

I forgot to set the clock an hour forward for daylight savings time. Luckly it didn't cost me.

,,,,dont worry....you are not the first and wont be the last....

another reason why..us old guys stand by boats...talk and talk......it has all happened before....:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back