Took her out for the first time.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Craft

Reaction score
Well my bestfriend and I took out my 00' 882 fishing for the first time. We went to Pine Flat lake but did not have alot of time. By the time we hit the water it was 1900 hrs and it gets dark at 2030 hrs. Didn't catch one bass, but my partner caught a 13" trout on a bass replica top water Hoola (sp?) Popper. I thought that was pretty funny, Trout on top water!!

Does anyone live close or has fished Pine Flat? I was using June bug Senko look a like (unweighted), blue and chrome 1/4 oz Rat-L-Trap and a Jensen Top Water plug but did not have any luck. What would anyone suggest using on this lake?

Oh on a side note, if I trim the motor up too much the boat chines (side to side). Is that possible?

Thanks

Bryan

Bryan,I have a 01 882 and it chine walks. The only help I can give you is the fact of learning how to bump steer the boat, What I mean is to sightly bump the steering wheel as the boat leans over off the pad. It takes some seat time to learn this. Working on my 3rd bass boat now so I thought I knew how to drive one till I got this 882. Keep working with it, You will get the hang of it soon

Mark

Ditto, from another Mark in Calif. BUTTTTTTT a hot foot and trim on the wheel will help for sure. I did not realize the capabilities of my 882 until now.

CalKidd what jackplate do you have?

Mark

I think it is a 7" jack plate. I believe that is what comes on it from the factory. The owner previous to me had the dealer adjust the motor because it would not plane right. He said the dealer took it out 5 times to get it right.

Latest posts

Back