Too good to pass up?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
Hey Fellas, give me your opinion on this one.

My buddy is selling his 186C Skeeter w/150 Yamaha. I can get it for $7,500. Everything is in good shape and working order, 70# 24v trolling motor, new seats, hot foot, dealer serviced motor with a new foot (he didn't drain it two winters ago and it cracked). The hull is good and the cap has a little oxidation. I drove it and it drives great, jumps out of the hole and I slowed down at 60mph.........I'm used to 40 (170TF w/75hp) :lol:

My boat has a bad transom and if I can unload it for $1,500, I can get into this one real cheap. Anyway, I really wasn't looking to upgrade at this particular time, but it seems too good to pass up. I've known the guy for fifteen years and have confidence in the boat. What would you do?? Thanks

JP

I would buy it before he changes his mind! You don't have the model year listed, but I paid that much for a year old PT175 and was very happy with the deal. Sounds like a good one to me.

sorry, it's a 1997 186C, single console w/dual rod lockers. Thanks

In all honesty I'd offer him $5000 That's a 13 year old boat. We have boats newer than that in our used lot for about that our less. If the boat was pristine and primary used in the North with a season shorter than the South I'd go seven. IMO

fatrap

Honestly - I think it's too much. Unless he has some really nice, newer electronics on there, but even then, it would have to be something really nice for me to give $7500 for a 13 year old 18 foot bass boat and engine.

4 years ago (Wow!... has it been that long?), I sold an excellent condition 1997 Cajun 18" bass boat with a VERY strong and fast Johnson Faststrike 150, almost new MK Maxxum trolling motor, one year old Lowrance electronics front and back, plus a Lowrance flasher in the dash, reworked seats, cover, like new stainless prop, etc... - basically LOADED - for $7000.

There was no oxidation on my topcap, and the boat ran like new. Regular maintenance performed, etc...

That was 4 years ago. You're looking at a boat that is comparable in length and motor size, with an oxidized top cap, for $500 more than what I sold my boat for back then.

Just me - but I'd pass. Better deals to be had.