To the Optimax Owners

• Thread starter tightline 700lx
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tightline 700lx

Reaction score
Just got my optimax put on my nitro (Repower). I was wondering if there is a module or handheld divice that is out there that can talk to the computer on the optimaxes. You know something to pull errorcodes off with or check the hour meter etc.

There is a device and your local dealer should have one. From what im told that scan tool costs thousands of dollars and unlike the auto market there are no aftermarket ones available.

What about those smartcraft gauges??? Do they have the ability to read codes and such.

Best bang for the buck is the new MercMonitor. It is a smartcraft gauge and they are worth every penny.

No, go to Don Weed at BBC he can set you up with the entire mercmonitor package with all cables and everything for about $400-$500 tyd....I want to say it was around $435 or so

Find your Premier Merc Service Center and ask them about the SmartMonitor. Installed it was less than $500.00 and it provides very critical "digital" information: water psi, volts, tach, motor temp just to name a few....

I agree that it is worth every penny too.

Good luck!

Can you chip an Optimax for better performance? I bought a 2006 Nitro CDC with a 225 Optimax and it has some decals with super chip on them. I know you can chip a truck diesel or gas engine for better performance and better fuel mileage.

There are companies that can/will re-flash the ECU with performance adds producing higher gains like many automotive aftermarket programmers. The big difference is that most auto programmers work in conjuction with the factory limits AND warranty where the marine re-flashing of the ECU pretty much nullifies the warranty. I've listed a link to one of the more noted re-flash companies.
http://www.simonmotorsports.com/ecu/optiecu.htm

Latest posts

Back