tires

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:(I have a 2008 Z-9 I purchased new in 2008,I have replaced the tires on the trailer twice in 5 years. I fish local tournaments and have never pulled my boat over 100 miles on a trip. Nitro says nothing is wrong with my trailer and will not help me with the cost of the third set of tires since March of 2008. I have called nitro and the rep that I helped the first two years I was on the State Team, (until nitro cancelled the program) and they tell me they will not back there on products. Just wondering if anyone knows what the problem might be. I have had many other problems out of this $40,000 plus boat that is 5 years and 1 month old that has never set outside except when I'm fishing. I will be looking for a new dealer and boat company very soon.

Explain why you needed to replace the tires.....wear? Dry rot? flats? Remember, Tracker doesn't make the tires. But if it is a trailer problem, that is different.

tires wore on both sides of trailer one side inside one side outside. I have had balanced and rotated every spring.

All four the inside and outside have no tread middle looks new. Before I rotated them only one side was worn. Now both sides are slick.

Did they put the same "trail america" tires on it when they replaced them? If so that could very well be your problem. In my opinion those trail america tires are garbage. The ones that came on my Z7 trailer were toast after a season of towing, the edges were gone and almost to the cords after only a few thousand miles. I replaced them with good year marathons and they still look like new after 4 years.

Buy another brand of tire when you have to pay out of pocket and get your trailer to a reputable trailer shp for an alignment. I ran my original Marathons for 6 years and trailered all over the country. It is 65 miles one way to the lake I guide on. When I sold the boat in Florida the tires were 4 years old and looked good. You have * prolem with your trailer alignment if I had to guess.

2X on purchasing a different brand. I pulled my boat from New Jersey to North Carolina, then to Florida. Same set of tires on a 2004 trailer.

NJD

Trail America are absolute junk and dangerous in my opinion. Have a look at the pics in my library after only 500 miles of travel. I replaced them with Yokohama's approx 8,000 miles ago and they have 70% tread left easily now.

I ran the original Marathons on my trailer for 12 years and still had plenty of tread when I sold my Nitro last year.

I run Marathons on my trailer(09 Z7 single axle) and have the exact same problem, inside on one side and outside on the other. Balance on a regular basis and keep 49 psi, mine has done this from the beginning, I've just learned to live with it.

If your getting wear inside on one then outside on the other, your trailer is crabbing behind you and the axle is not aligned. When the tires are correctly inflated but both sides wear out, the tires are faulty.

That ware can also be caused by a grossly not level trailer as well. A friend of mine used to tow with his way nose up, the trailer swayed all over the place and it wore the tires badly on both edges. We got him a new drop hitch, leveled out the trialer and the wear problems stopped entirely.

both my tires are wearing bad on the outside edges.rest of the tires look good. the axle dosen't seem bent when i put a straight edge on it. any ideas?

Check the tram on your axle. Find a point on the axle close to the tires and a point on the center of the hitch and measure each side. They should measure the same. If not jack it up and loosen the axle U-bolts and adjust the axle until they measure the same. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back