Time for a Poll...Who LOVES their Tracker/Nitro and why???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Neeley

Reaction score
Ok boys and girls...for whatever reason, we had a newcomer get the impression that there is a lot of negativity on this board....let's speak up LOUDLY and tell everyone what we LOVE about our boats....

Also from below:

I had a 1995 Nitro 180 with a 115 Merc. The only problems I ever had with it were those that I caused myself. You can read my reports here, over at BFHP and Bass Boat Central - they all state absolute satisfaction with the boat in all types of conditions.

I would buy another without hesitation.

When finances improve enough, I will.

me!

I love my Tracker!

Rides great, fishes great, awesome storage, looks cool, gets compliments at the ramp and on the water, rugged, stable, fast enough for me, fishes three, fits my garage, all-welded hull, package price, good local dealership service, second console can be removed for more room, and is good on the operating budget of any gasoline station nearby.

All of the problems were minor and relatively easy to fix. Except for them durn j*** n***!

700LXDC, looks cool, rides fast, dry and soft, is solidly built, and is paid for.

Luv it best when the sparkles shine! Or when I'm yankin 4 lbers in front of $40k 'tons! LOL It's a boat, a tool, a money pit no matter the brand.

Love my boat. It,s fast stabile and you just can't kill it.

This is my 2nd tracker. Both my brotherinlaws have tracker

pontoons and they are very happy with them.

Yeah, Tommy! You keep things interesting, and force us all to think a bit harder than normal. Your handle could be DVOwner for "Devils Advocate" or "Dealer Assaulter"! LOL!!

Hey I love mine!!! 2001 Tracker Pro-Deep V16 with a 60hp 2 stroke. I hope to hang onto this one for a long time. For a sixteen footer it is way wide and plenty deep. At the time it was also one of the heavier guage aluminum 16 foot boats out there. It's .90 guage. It is really stable on the water, has enough speed for me and has a great fishing layout. I just keep adding toys to it!!!!

All boat companies have their problems.Could Tracker CS be better? Probably. I think someone here hit on the head in a previous post. Tracker sells to a lot of first time boat buyers who don't know what they are doing. I sure was one of them. I did a lot better the second time around after the "first boat learning curve."

If I could get any boat that I wanted, it would be a tuff choice. Would I choose a Tracker? Well lets just say those welded Targas and Tundras make me drool everytime I see one.

Mike

I have a 1995 170TF that I bought used in the spring. Previous owner had really taken care of it and I like the boat alot. Handles the Potomac River well, the side streams well and I can take my son, wife and I out and have room left over for fishing stuff!!!!

Have not had to take the boat to a dealer and I would buy another Nitro in a heartbeat if I had the cash!!!!

Carlos

You can take the first post from MOFish above and post it here under my name...except for taking out the second console (I've only got the single). LOVE my TV-18...

My favorite comment from one of the many I have taken out on it: "That front deck was like fishing off an aircraft carrier!"

Only very minor problems so far...my dealer (KVD's brother) has taken good care of me.

(((Just wish I had MO's 150 on the back!!!)))

az

I love my Avalanche. It does everything my previous boat, Ranger 320 Commanche did and then some. Love the storage space the deck space and just the way the boat handles in ruff water. It serves my purpose as an all around fishing tool that meets my style of fishing. Bassin Fool

My favorite moment in my 901 was towing in a Ranger Commanche when his Yamaha failed. What a nice ride. :)

Its a GREAT boat...

ITS PAID FOR!!!!, It is just the right size for what I do and is PAID FOR! I have a ProV 16 Combo/75 Merc. I do wish it had more and bigger storage. But remember, ITS PAID FOR!!

Someday a Targa 17 would be great.

I have a 1997 896 Savage and I love the boat, with a few gel cracks on the top hat a a trolling motor problem that was due to installing another brand the boat has ran flawless. I would highly recommend a Nitro to anyone.

Buzz

I love mine....Plain and simple...It is a great boat a 1993 Magna 19

I have a 2000 185 Sport and my kids and I really like it. It is a good entry boat for us. Storage is lacking, though. I have had no major problems and my dealer has been good. I did make a "Rob Sisk Special" rod holder that he has posted in the grab bag since there is usually only 3 of us. My two favorite things about the boat: 1) Mercury 150HP XR6 and 2) I paid cash for it. I bought what I could afford to pay for at the time.

Bob G.

Lets see, I've owned a 1999 PT175, a 2000 901cdx and now a 2002 929, I'd say that should speak for itself.....

Got a 2001 NX882 with a 2002 XR6 on it in April, Love the boat, It runs fast,speedo shows 75 mph after i tweaked the setup some. I would consider buying another Nitro Had a Procraft 1750 before,1984 model. NX882 rides higher out the water and runs about 10 to 15 mph faster.Troll motor on it is the Motorguide 67 lb. Tour Edition.

This ride is bad to the bone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I have all the problems fixed caused by the previous owner, I love my '95 170TF w/Mercury 125. The only problem I still have left is, THE BOAT DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO FIND THE FISH!!!! lol Robert

99 Nitro NX882 150 XR6. I agree with Mark, this thing is like a rocket. Super fast for a boat with a 150 and it is very stable (Fishing and running). Fit and finish is good and the bargain I got was even better.

Bought my 2000 Targa V17 60hp second hand and couldn't go wrong for the money. Very lucky to have a Tracker/Nitro dealership, "USA Marine" & great service within an hours drive. I have been to this dealership two times for warranty service and was very happy.

Since the warranty expired I have been using a local shop, Forge Village Marine in Westford, MA. Eddy knows his stuff and has never tried to rip me off and always delivers my boat on time and as promised, I couldn't be happier. The boat is solid, and the engine runs great. Had I bought a new tracker I would have bought a TV18 with a 150.

Will I buy another tracker? Don't know yet since I will not be shopping for another boat for a while, but wouldn't hesitate to tell anyone I know that around here a tracker/Nitro is a good boat for the $$.

Cass

1996 896 Savage DC with a 200 EFI Merc. I absolutely love this boat. Great ride, stable, very fast, lots of storage space, and very pretty. I get compliments all the time on the boat. I have not had a single problem with it (2nd owner). The only problem that the 1st owner had was with the trim pump leaking and the dealer fixed it with no hassles. (Mare Marine - Baltimore)

ALL OF THE ABOVE...

This is my third NITRO and they RULE!! (Mercury does too). I like the ride, the fishability and the fact that I can load it alone in no time or trouble.....plus I had some money left over for fuel...\

I will buy another (sooner if Ken gets back to me!!!)

Pierre

well,had 2 trackers,a tx17 with a 40 evinrude on it,rode good,fished small waters and such with it,no problems till trading it in,spot welds on back deck lid popped,already had it traded when it happened.

the 19 i got now,well,upgraded to a bigger boat for lake ontario fishing.salmon,lakers,browns,and walleyes,oh forgot smallies.it has its good points,and its bad points,but overall i still like it because its PAID FOR!!!runs well,but not quite enough storage for me though.customer service/warranty,well, letting that one go for now.not enough time and space for that.

98 nitro 640lx w/1999 90hp force. It's paid for,love them sparkles, affordability, ride,could use a little more room though, But most of all it gets me to the fish.Someday my next one will be a 901.

Tight lines,

Steve ><}}}}'>

I have a PT 175 and love it. Yes, I had a few problems originally with my dealer but Tracker and the dealer both made things right for me. For the money, it was the best value out there. As for looks, in my opinion, it's got the best looking package of any other boat in it's class. I got a good deal, I have had no problems with componenets, and whenever I get a chance to by another boat, it will most probably be a Tracker or Nitro.

I have had an '82 BassTracker I, an '87 TX 17, a '92 Nitro 160, and now a '98 700LX. Can't comment on any other brand, never had one. Never saw the need to change to another brand. Great boats, good pricing for what you get, satisfactory customer service from my dealer, and enough money left over to fish 3 days a week. What more can I say. I love my Trackers/Nitros!!!

Had a 88 Tracker "Topper" 14' jon w/ 8hp merc, great little boat for small waters. Now have a '01 Pro Angler 16 w/ 25hp merc. Plenty of storage, , great value, great to fish out of, great to ride in, easy to tow & launch, easy to add accessories; i.e. front finder, on board charger, etc... It is paid for (Thank you very much Verizon!)

Next stop 18' Tundra!!

Rich D

I have a 2001 PT175 with a 75 on the back. The boat has been great with absolutely zero problems other that things that I caused. Everything still works electricaly, there are no cracks in the aluminum, the carpeting, hinges and other items are still in good shape. I just wish Tracker would start mounting Garmin or Lowrance electronics on their boats.

I have a 2000 Tracker ProDeep 17 with a 50 hp merc. Love it! Boat is very stable and wide. Lots of walk around room which has been great with small kids. Only problems have been the drain plug rivet were not put in right so I bolted the bracket in place and the sump pump was not installed very well so I fixed that up too with a longer piece of hose. Have added various lights, a bimini top, and trolling rod holders and a charger that charges both batteries from the alternator. It is a great boat. I have not had any reason to make a dealer service call. It has been easier for me to fix the small stuff myself.

david....

I think everyone hear knows by now how much I love my TV-18!! After fishing today in 30 mph winds and 3 foot rollers I love her even more!!

Only 2 problems were throttle lever disconnected from the cable and the livewell timer switch. My dealer (Marine USA in Milford,NH) has been awesome. Never an issue with warranty repairs. I drop my boat off on Monday night and pick up by Wed/Thurs. I have never missed a weekend because of service issues.

And of course, owning a tracker brought me to this site which has given me the opportunity to meet some cool people. Along with that I had the opportunity to drive Mac's 901, I've driven Bassnfool's Avalanche, I've fished from Curtis's 901 and I teamed up with Rob to win the Rally from Buzz's 896. These are all boats I've only dreamed about fishing from as a kid.

When It's time for me to upgrade, there is NO doubt in my mind that I'm going Nitro / Tracker all the way.

Marke

Bought a 2002 Pro Deep V 16, with 60 elpto, w/swing away trailer tongue added,(for garage storage) and a few extra seats, have since added a few small items, another interior light on the forward left side of the console, and a couple of those swiveling "no spill" cupholders, painted to match interior color, of course, LOL. Have not had one problem with the boat, motor, or trailer, whatsoever, in the few months we've had the boat, the 60 horse runs about as smooth as I could have ever imagined it would. This boat has to last us a LONG time, and I think it will, I love the WIDE beam for a 16 footer, tops out around 36 with my 2 youngest kids and myself and fishing gear, trims great, can you tell I have no com[plaints? Oh, of course they threw in a whole lot of free Tracker gear, which took about a month to show up, and a free Tracker boat cover. purchased at(Bass Pro Gurnee Illinois), been out about 10 times so far, and love it, when the day comes way down the road for another, I'll have another Tracker in the driveway.

I was talking to one of the other members of this board last week by phone..... We were discussing how my personal financial situation was slowly but surely improving and my plans to buy another boat..... Although I will likely buy used and may have to make the choice based on price rather than brand, he asked where Nitro would be on my list..... "The very top!" I answered. "If only because I wouldn't have the guts to come on this board and say 'Hey, Guys, I bought a _______.'"

The greatest people on the web drive Trackers and Nitros!

me!

I've had my Tracker 175 for 2 years w/NO major problems. I have run her in 3ft swells on Lake Lanier with out a rivit loose or one drop of water in the bilge after a trip.

I bought mine because I had a limit on the purchase price to fit my budget, wanted new w/warranty and service backed by a nationwide dealership so if I had problems anywhere i'd have a chance of getting help. Oh and I always want the best bang for the BUCK! $10k out the door including extra fish finder, anchor, spare/mount, on-board charger and more.

Hey just spent 2 of the last 4 days on the boat with all the other traffic and had teen ager's telling me the'd rather ride/tube in my Tracker than their folks 21ft Larson bowrider! Trackers RULE!!!

Oh, and I LOVE my boat!

2 years down and she's almost paid off!

97 912 Savage DC with a 225 Merc. Love this boat. I added a 10" Jackplate that fixed the planing. This is a big comfortable boat on any water. Very fast also. I will definately buy another Nitro if I ever give up my savage.

I'm running my 2000 901cdx with a 200 Opti,..........awesome boat!! Handles rough water like a dream, (Hey Ken,...how bout that ride back and forth on Champlain!! We hardly got wet at all and it was the WORST water I've ever driven in on that saturday morning!!! UNREAL!!!) Anyway, it's a great ride and very "fishable"...lots of storage, wide, stable and looks great on the water and on the trailer!!

Have had minor issues to deal with that are common on EVERY bass boat, regardless of the Mfgr, and any problems I've had have been dealt with immediately by the primo support staff at the Auburn Hills BPS. Those guys and gals there will bend over backwards to keep us on the water and out of their hair!! LOL I can't thank Ken, Craig, Kathy, Tim, Al, Keith, and the former tech Brian and everyone else behind the scenes for all their continued help and support and their contributions to make the Aurburn Hills "State Team" the BEST we can be,....they ROCK!!! With support like that, and the advice and help I get from Mini, and Darren on the water,...I feel like a winner whenever I'm around those guys,....I wish I could give back to them,..all that they've given me,......they are the kind of Team mates I want to be associated with for the rest of my fishing career....Fish-on fella's...you guys RULE!!

Regards and many thanks!!

Mac

Latest posts

Back