The Results Are In

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
Well..I just got home from the Sgt.'s test written review...currently I am #4 on the list with 2 percentage points separating 1 thru 4. Preparation now begins for the Assessment Center..I need to prepare a 5 minute presentation about myself and why I am the best candidate for the job..basically sell, sell, sell yourself for 5 minutes. I'm having a couple of ribs removed tomorrow to assist me with this (LOL). Then it is 15 to 20 scenario type questions from an oral board consisting of 3 Chiefs from other jurisdictions and finally a timed "In-Basket" excercise, where my organizational and decision making skills are put to task (I've heard this excercise can be a toughie, so I've obtained a bunch of practice excercises to prepare me for this). Hopefully...3 weeks from today I'll be showin off some new stripes!!!

More importantly though.....I'll finally know my work schedule for the next 6 months so I can sign up for my NBAA division....!!! PRIORITIES MAN....!!

Best of luck!

You deserve it!

Mini

The young Private proudly stood at attention next to the stove that he had just scrubbed to a spotless shine to ready for inspection. The Sergent was impressed with the cleanliness of the stove but he knew there must be some spot the young troop had missed so he reached up under the vent hood over the stove not realizing that it was still red hot from cooking breakfast. As soon as the Sergent touched the hood in search for some leftover grease his finger sizzled and he quickly pulled it back without showing any pain or emotion.

"What's the matter, Sarge?" the Private said with a smirk, "Did you burn your finger?"

"NO, it just doesn't take me very long to inspect a stove". the Sergent replied.

Good Luck on your verbal exam. :D

Harpo

Hopefully...3 weeks from today I'll be showin off some new stripes!!!

AND more money too, huh? That shouldn't hurt.:p Lots of luck Smitty. Study hard and

git er dun. I'll be saying a good luck mantra and sending best wishes. Heck, I'll start right now. Hummm,Hummm,Hummm,Hummm...:wacko:

Uncle Billy:rolleyes:

Good luck... My best advice for the oral interview with the "panel"... Be yourself... don't try to be someone you think they want to see/hear... I sat on a good number of promotional boards for Patrolman First Class and Corporal candidates over the years and it was a negative to discover someone who was "acting" as opposed to "presenting themself"...

Back