Hybird Striped

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Wingo

Reaction score
Thought I would share this for those of you that might be Hybrid Stripe fans. Wife and I were at Blue Springs Lake in Missouri. Very small lake, we were letting the wind blow us down the bank while fishing.

Wife had a pole with a minnow and bobber dragging behind the boat - when all of a sudden she yells "I'm hung up". I start to turn the boat around and can hear the line spooling off her reel. I told her she had a fish. She handed me her pole.

I flipped the trolling motor to 5 turbo speed and start the chase. Ended up in the middle of the lake and the fish gave up. And I about had a heart attack when she get the fish in the net.

weighed in at 19 lbs 9 ounces. A little less than a 1lb shy of the Missouri State Record.

Fish_Jeff3.jpg

Very nice. We have those stocked in Kansas, I think the state record is around #23.

My biggest is a little over #13. Very strong agressive fish. Chris F.

Well if that's a full on "Stripper" then, where's the tassles?:lol:

Brandon - I thought the same thing when I pulled it out of the water. The Missouri Department of Conservation has looked at it and say that its a Hybrid. They said the lake that I was fishing in does not have any full stripers in it.

Hybrid's line's are typically 'broken'. Look at the images available on Google/Images for hybrid stripers.

What you are holding looks a lot like a regular striper. The 'hybrids' look more like a football.

Tex

Latest posts

Back