Thanks for all the truck info

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
I got a call about that other job and it will likely be filled VERY soon. Hoping it's me! LOL So I am waiting until I know that. I don't want to settle for a truck and within a week be in a position where I could have purchased what I want. So I will wait, but if it does happen, I will be on the market hot and heavy for a new vehicle quick like. Who knows, perhaps I can even snatch Buzz's 896 without selling mine, and then just worry about selling it when I can. Cross your fingers for me folks. To think that by the end of this year, I could have a new, NICE tow vehicle with an 896 on the back, parked in the GARAGE of a new home! Man, only in America.

Rob,

Let us know 1) about the job, 2) what truck you get, 3) if you get Buzz' 896.

Also check to see if the truck and / or the 896 will fit in the garage. I just bought a new Dodge Ram Quad Cab and it fits only by about 2 inches assuming I hit the back wall with the bumper. LOL.

Best of luck with the job!!!!!

Thanks, I was sitting here trying to juggle, new truck and no new boat, OR used truck and new boat as soon as I sell mine, no new house til next year. By new boat I mean the 896. Now, if this happens, I could do all 3. Man, what a difference a day makes.

Nope, and to be honest cecil, I like the sound of the X plan from Ford. GM has left me frustrated one too many times. I think I did finally get the EGR fixed last night....in the POURING RAIN! LOL Was sucking air. Tightened the snot out of it, and the truck is running fine.....for NOW. That's the problem with vehicles today, all these STOOPIT sensors and electronic thingamajigs. Just one gets screwy and your hole rig won't run, but try to find the ONE it is!!!!! LOL

Good thing Ford and Chrysler products NEVER have any problems like that,.....LOL!!!...

They might have ONE, but not 20 in a row!!! LOL See, I have this theory, there is a GM cult! They all tell you how GREAT the vehicles are before you buy them. THEN, once you get it and things start breaking....those same people will say, "oh yeah, they're known for that!" WHAT???? Kind of like marriage! What you see, ain't always what you get! LOL

just remember,...you bought that truck "used"...there's always a risk of buying someone else's "problems"..don't paint all GM stuff with a broad brush,...we aren't making record profits and gaining market share by putting out crap!! 3 Motor Trend "Truck of the Year" awards in the past 5 years is not an easy thing to accomplish if one is putting out "crap"...IMH-GM-O!! LOL

I'm just tellin like I see it big Mac. I know you get good ones and you get bad ones, with ANY brand. My father-in-law bought new in '97 a Z-71 and went thru 7 trannies in 6 months. GM finally went good, cause the dealer wouldn't and gave him a '98 under the lemon law. He says the 98 was as good as the 97 was bad. He now has a 2003 HD 2500 with the 6.0 and loves it. I just haven't had good luck with GM's and their sensors are TOO damn finicky. On my Fords or Chryslers, I could unhook an EGR and problem solved. Do that on a GM.....homey ain't drivin NOWHERE! LOL

That's a drag,...I'm sorry to hear that,....but I've been a GM guy my whole life and have never had problems like that. I had the digital gauges in one of my Blazers and didn't like them after i ran out of gas once with 3 bars still lit. Never orderd THEM again!! LOL I've had the occasional "check engine" light come on that resulted in a new O2 sensor (my '84 Fiero went through those like Mini and Jack!), but I've never had a problem that resulted in major repairs or huge out of pocket expenses. Call me lucky if you want,....but one day when I can afford to buy ANYTHING I want,..I'll be driving GM stuff regardless,...I just like their reliability, styling and the service!! I've never had such a lowsy experience that it made me even consider another mfgr. I don't care what you or anybody else on this board drives,...I think it's awesome that we have as many choices as we do!!..if it were up to me though,..you'd ALL be driving GM,..but I happen to like and use JLM rods and reels too!! ahahah....BTW,..if you can un-hook an EGR in a Ford or Chrysler with no ill affect,.....WHY do they have them in the first place and what good are they??...Just curious??!

EXACTLY.....it's all emmissions crap man! My ABS screwed up in my Bravada too, almost lost truck and boat into the drink thru a guardrail last year when I touched the brakes and one side locked up. So I just unhooked the module. Problem solved. Now I just have normal brakes. Don't get me wrong, I'm an equal opportunity *****er when it comes to ANY electronics on ANY make or model. My wifes van (plymouth) threw a check engine light the other night. I almost went thru the roof, given my week. Well, easy fix....tighten the gas cap. Yeah, go figure that one, and I know GM's do it too, if you leave the gas cap even a little bit loose it will throw a check engine light? What the #@%% does the gas cap have to do with the engine? Electronics, if a horse could tow my boat, I'd be driving/riding one of those! LOL

Rob,

Easy boy. Pull off the road, take a deep breath, and count to 5000!

Check engine lights are reporting an emisions problem, plain an simple. All of them are like that. They just don't say 'Check Emissions'.

Tex

I had a check engine light come on once before due to a loose gas cap...i feel your pain,...luckily I was right by a GMC dealership...had my boat in tow on the way up north for a weeks vacation with the family!! I pulled into the dealership with my Chevy Blazer and they told me,..."We aren't supposed to fix Chevy's,...but since you're on your way up north and you have a sweeet boat(no kiddin....the service dude fished!!..LOL),...we'll put it on the computer and see what's up! They said,.."Piece of cake,.....your code says loose gas cap,..we'll reset your ECM and you'll be on your way,..just make sure you hear that click when you tighten your gas cap...Good luck fishin' and have a nice trip"....I was in and out in 10mins. THAT's SERVICE!!

There were quite a few techs checkin' out my boat too...it was my 896....they were all over it!!..ahahaha...btw,..they didn't charge me a dime!! They just said,.."C'mon in and see us when you need a new truck!"..(I have gone in twice since then, but they can never seem to match or beat the Chevy price!!...Ohwell...I tried!!..LOL

Mac its too bad all dealerships arent like that most arent. My last gm ( a lemon btw) the dealership didnt want to fix anything and more often then not they broke stuff while it was there. for examlpe they broke my drivers side door panel while taking it off, what on earth does a door panel have to so with the broken steering box that I brought the truck in for? I'm still trying to figure that one out. To make matters worse because of the service history on that truck no other dealership would touch it, and gm wouldnt intervene so get it repaired. I know the dealer isnt gm's fault but being a gm owner all my life most gm dealers in my area have no idea what customer service is. Hence the reason I know own a Dodge. The one time I needed to bring my Dodge in, for a minor squeak. They gave me a loaner car to get me to work( a brand new durango), fixed the truck correctly(what a concept), washed, waxed and detailed the whole exterior, vaccumed and detailed the interior, put rain-x on the windows and to top it off they delivered the truck to where I work so I wouldnt have to "go out of my way" to pick it up. I never asked for any of that but I got it. The truck was every bit as clean as the day I picked it up. They even filled it up with gas. The next day i got a nice followup call to make sure i was happy with the whole service visit. Now whats what I call service.

I was going to post for some fun but dont want to rub anyone raw, kinda guess like the tin vs glass thing but decided against it, plus one day I want mac to sign a shirt for me and dont want micky mouse signature instead of his. by the way mac did you see the sheep head shirt idea come on gotta admitt its a cool idea, call it the scurge of the erie angler lol

Just a little follow-up to Mac's dealer story... Last October while towing down to Shelbyville witha friend his truck... a GMC Envoy starts acting "goofy"... in and out of gears no power etc... I suspected a clogged fuel filter... anyway 4:50 pm on a Friday pulled into a small town Buick, Chev, Pontiac and Chrysler! Dealership (they just started out cuz they bought the car/truck stuff from the guy who used to sell all that plus Case IH tractors!)...

Anyway, they checked the computer (its now after closing) and reprogrammed something or oter and off we went fixed... tey did it asa warranty claim.. but same story saw we were going fishing and wanted to help.. We bought them a case of beer and returned... they were sitting around having a few and were appreciative of our appreciation... We shared a beer with them and talkied fishing for a few more minutes... They had no expectation of ever getting any more business from us... just plain wanted to help us... Small Town America is something great most of the time.

Jim B...

I get the same level of service from my Ford Dealer... Look for dealers who have qualified as "Blue Oval" Dealers... Excellent service, follow survey by an independent company... When I bought the truck.. a few days later I got a call from the GM personally... how was the truck ... everything okay... call me anytime you have an issue... etc. Sixth vehicle from that dealer for me!

I totally agree about the dealer/service center, one around here has a great sevice center but their sales department (CROOKS, I know they need to make a buck but they will right out lie too you about rebates). the other the one I buy from sells is awsome(they out in gods country jsut glad to get your buisness) there service okay but slow. no matter what the brand and for most part the problems its how you are treated and seviced when it is required.

Latest posts

Back