Thank You All / Nitro Z6

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad M

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank everyone on here for all the information this forum provides. Ordered my boat back in late April and picked it up this past weekend. Prior to that this site helped with some of the decision making that went into my purchase. During that painful time of waiting this site has been my second home for information and things to expect and look for during and after picking it up.

Well after spending pretty much all weekend on the water doing mostly engine break-in and generally checking to make sure everything was in good working order I'm very pleased with my purchase.

First day out on the water was pretty rough but the boat handled it well. Checked the bilge for water and there was some in there (more than I woulda liked) and my first thought was oh no, the rub rails :angry: . Later while still out on the water I was going through the boat making sure everything was working and while checking the livewell I noticed that it had water in it and the plug was out :wacko: . After plugging the livewell and making sure I didn't wash out the back coming off plane the bilge is now dry and I was hugely relieved.

I can now say that I'm a proud Nitro Owner. Again thanks to all for your questions, and those with answers to those questions. This site is a great resource and I'm glad knowing it's here for any future questions I will have.

-Brad

Congrats to your new boat. I love my Z6 (except in rough water). One thing that i learned as well is if you fish tourneys and run your live well all day, you could be stranded so put some jumper cables in your boat, just an fyi. The boat handles very well sips gas.. I have a FULLY loaded boat and i can got 53mph (gps) @ 5750 rpm's and drivee all weekend while the other big motor boats and filling there tanks back up. enjoy your new boat.

Congrats! Have owned my Z-6 for 3 months now! Absolutely love it! I agree, this forum ROCKS! Lot of good folk on here!

You made a good choice Brad. In spite of my (well-documented) initial problems I, now, couldn't be happier with my Z6. Rubrails sealed (not a drop of water in bilge now), PVS plugs finally figured out - with a whale tail addition - and even the ignition switch now works fine after a little graphite and many repeated twistings to loosen it up ....

It's all good my man! Now all I have to do is put a smelly fish rag under her nose and she just leads me to the fish. ... (if only).

Congrats.

Always nice to hear a new member enjoy the forum. And, you don't have to be new here to ask questions (or answer some). It's one of the most helpful forums I have ever been a part of.

Keep posting and enjoy that new Z6.

I like the Z6s,but I went for a Z7 because of the 115 hp limit,had I opted for a Z6 though,id have upgraded to a 24 volt tm system,shame you cant get a Z6 with a 135 opti on it,like you could on the NX 750s.

Latest posts

Back