Survey - What kind of fishing 'stuff' did Santa bring you?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
OK all you cabin-fever'd folks...

What kind of fishing goodies did Santa bring you???

I got the Shimano Spirex 4000 that I had on my list!

Now I've got to decide on the rod to match it with!!!

Happy New Year to all!

az

I got the Sospenders I had hinted for and that was about the only fishing thing I got. I had told my wife and daughter that anything from Bass Pro would be OK. So they got me a BPS blanket and a B.A.S.S. daily planner with moon phases and all that. It shows the best days to fish...only problem is that they are all WORK DAYS!!. Also some nice shirts that are good. They both told me they both walked around in there and had no clue as to what to buy. WHAT!!??It's the thought that counts...It's the thought that counts....It's the thought that counts....

Harpo

GPS receiver for my depthfinder, plus cash which will be spent at Cabela's on 2 muskie plugs, a new boat seat, seat mount and higher pedestal.

A David Fritts BPS crankin reel,2 marker bouys,8 lures,a cover for my scale,Woo Davies smallmouth tubin asst.I ordered the stuff on line and my wife wwrapped it! Boy was I surprised.lol

I have not seen anything yet because i'm still deployed but my wife has been liberal with keeping Santa's secret. According to her i got a BPS Gore-Tex rain suit, the seats for the boat re-covered, a new motherboard, cpu and video card for the comp, a ram mount, a rod from my parents (still in the tube), a verbal BPS shopping spree (WOOHOO) and a few other wrapped packages.

Eric H.

I got the same as Bob.

Not a thing.

I guess the family thinks I have it all already..

John

A new flippin stick (my 3rd...love to flip and pitch) with a BPS Johnny Morris reel. (not to fond of BPS reels but I'll give it a try)

and fishing tackle

got a grille guard with rally lights for the Suburban. Shopped for myself. That count? :)

Power pedestal and a new transom saver. My last one went bouncing down the Dan Ryan. Two lures from my son and a $50 BPS gift card that went toward a new Pleuger bait caster.

2 Pair of sospenders, 2 canon downriggers,Boga grip,7" Fillet Knife,Handheld 12V spot Light,Norcross Portable Depthfinder and a Spool Station. God I love my Wife & kids.

Dave

5 packs of senkos, 25 gamagatsu hooks, 1 inline spinner, 1 spool of p-line flouro-clear, and one spool of triline xt.

Santa was good to me this year....:)

T.S.

1 BPS Pro Qualifier reel (PQ1000XPSH)

4 packs of Zoom Super chunk jr's

8 packs Kinami Flashes

2 Nitro "Classic Tournament" shirts

1 Nitro Hat

Going to match the Reel with 14lb XPS Fluorocarbon and either a 7 ft MH Johnny Morris Ti or a 7 ft MH XPS rod.

Thank you Santa <><

2 Lobsters on my front porch with no card and an unknown return address.....and they say Santa is a myth,....yeaahhh RIIGHT!!! If anybody from this board is the "Santa"....

You are AWESOME!!! Thank you!!! Unbelievable!!

Mac

BJ your going to love that JLM from BPS its a sweeet reel.I have several and love them.Feels like a 300.00 reel.

I got 3 BPS gift cards........ burnin a hole in my wallet,gonna TRY to hold out till the Spring Classic.....

and my 2004 BPS catalog came the day after Christmas!

also, from one of my fishin' buds, I got one of those Rapala coffee mug and lure gift boxes, must be a newer one 'cause it's one design I hadn't seen yet.(the mug)

Other than that, jeans, sweaters,etc. egMike

Miniature reel with three picture frames hanging from it for on the wall.

One of those fishing kits with sharp knives, a thing to sharpen them with, cutting board, gadget for weighing the fish, etc. I have never kept a fish, so pretty much everything except the scissors will stay at home in the kitchen.

Several neat wooden fishing ornaments.

A couple of packages of lizards, a new crank bait, okay those are the fishing items I bought for myself.

A new Minn-Kota Maxxum. 74# Foot Control.

I was a good boy this year.

Frank

Believe it or not...I don't get ANY fishin' stuff for Christmas:( Nah seriously I don't because I buy enough thru the year..I don't need any tackle that's for sure.:)

TEE

Like some of the others, no fishing stuff. I'm not complaining though, the double barrel 12 ga. shotgun was a good substitute. Shot two times and got one partridge this weekend.

I here ya' FOOL...I got a 13Volt Drill/Driver with an extra battery and carryin' case...too cool. And one of my fishin' buds got me a quickchange bit set..I'm readtogo!

TEE

BPS Large boat bag, trolling rod/reel, lures, and Assortment of flies.

Was out with the boys trolling yesterday, none caught, figure that!!

E trex legand and 150.00 bucks for fishing stuff, 50.00 gift card to galyans, 25 gift card for west marine/

100 mustad triple-grips in a variety of sizes, colors, & flavors... now i need a pair of splitshot pliers!

David

100 mustad triple-grips in a variety of sizes, colors, & flavors... now i need a pair of splitshot pliers!

David

No fishing stuff, as yet. However, since the price on Garmin 240's has dropped to $199.00 (with the introduction of their new units), at least one of them is going to be coming home with me this week.

Other gifts: new watch (Citizen Eco-drive and a hammock!)

Tex

I added a Cabela's Fish Eagle Combo (6'-6" spinning rod and a Shimano Spirex 1000FD); a floating fish basket; six rod sacks; six reel covers; a BassPro Xtreme soft plastics organizer tackle bag; and...

...a Garmin iQue3600 GPS/PDA combo!

$200.00 BPS gift card for Christmas, to go with the $100.00 gift card for my birthday. So I'll have $300.00 plus reward points at the classic/sale. BTW the new catalog says sale only for Detroit BPS. You going to be there doing rods Mac?

Gene

No I won't be there Gene...Detroit isn't having the "show" this year...only the sale. And affective immediately starting with the shows I do attend in 2004,..I will only be doing All Star Rods from now on,..so look for me in the All Star Booth! BPS did not renew my contract for 2004. I'll know later this month what shows I'll be attending and what BPS stores I'll be at,...but I'll be in the All Star booth doing their customers' rods...so treat yourself to a truely awesome rod and I'll customize the handle for free...

Hope to see you there....

Mac

1. A new eTrex Legend unit to replace the eTrex camo I fried.

2. The Garmin Hotspots Fishing CD - this is cool!

3. A Rapala LongCast 7' Spinning Rod with a Kinetic PTI real.

4. A Rapala LongCast 7' Baitcaster Rod with a PF300C reel.

I made out like a bandit! They don't make the PF300C reel anymore, but the wife found a leftover at K-mart!! I know that reel was on the mid to lower end of the quantum line, but I've been using 2 of them for the past two years and I "reely" like them.
http://

Didn't get any fishing stuff, but did get new TV and a DVD player. But....the BPS master catalog was in the mailbox and I have many pages marked for purchase.

Barb

Johnny Morris spinning reel

Shimano 7'6" Med action spinning rod

Columbia Fishing shirt

None of which I asked for but was overly eager to accept!!

Tim

6'6 MH falcon cara

7' H falcon cara

1 sammy 85

1 cultiva rattle trap type lure

1 50 gift cert for bps

been a good one for me

So, Mac, now I gotta come up and buy an All Star rod to get some more of that awesome artwork? Well, twist my arm! lol

I guess I could make some room for another rod somehow, jeesh, I guess I might also need a new reel to put on it, and heck, another coupl'a lures, and some line, and so on.

Seriously Mac, If ya make it to the Gurnee BPS again this year, I'll stop in and say howdy, maybe get an All Star rod while I'm at it too. May the New Year bring you even more good fortune than 2003! egMike

Latest posts

Back