surge trailer brakes

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brantley moats

Reaction score
I have a 99 896 savage . The brake fluid looks brown .I do not know if the disc pads have ever been replaced but seem to work ok. Should i do any maintenance on these such as replacing brake fluid or pads or just wait til i hear grinding?What is the best and easiest way to bleed the brakes on a boat trailer with surge type brakes. It has the electrical solenoid for backing, activated by the backup light circuit on the tailights of the truck.I just read about the guy who was bleeding the brakes by backing up the vehicle and pushed the trailer off the jack stands.Is there a better way?

Brantley

I would want to get that brown fluid out of there for sure. There are a couple ways to bleed it. First would be to follow the procedure outlined in the manual(can be found at www.ufpnet.com) which is a two person job. The other way woul be to get a vaccum bleeder kit to do it solo.

Ditto Jim. (Again, and again, and... :lol: ) You want clean, clear Dot 3 through and through or corrosion is goingto catch you. Good luck! ;)

Latest posts

Back