2012 Z7 Trailer brakes

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jborelli

Reaction score
My trailer brakes are not disengaging when backing up a slope. We tested the truck connection and the wire to blue wire under the front of the trailer. I'm thinking it's the solenoid. Has anyone had to replace it? Or now the solenoid type?

When asking such questions you need to provide information on the year and type/brand of trailer you have. Nitro used several vendors over the years for parts. That said, to get the "Actual" part you need it's always better to go thru the dealer. Their database uses the hull ID number. So, as long as the trailer is the same as when the boat was bought new they can give you the exact part you need. BUT, be prepared to pay handsomely for it. Sometimes its better to get the part number and search for the part online and/or thru the part manufacturer to get a better price!!

I get that a lot too, usually simply a slightly corroded wire terminal connection. Twist it, clean it, spray with some electronic cleaner and verify the ground is good. Unlikely that the solenoid is failed.

Latest posts

Back