Suggestions Please

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
This weekend I plan on replacing the oil and seals on my Ranger trailer and was thinking while I'm there to replace the bearings and races? But it's another $100 in parts, what do you think?

Do you have any reason to believe the bearings need to be replaced? That's a pretty new boat isn't it?

Harpo

True...if they don't have scratches or pits, then they should be good to go.....

The bearings are lubricated with oil not grease and one of them is "Milky" thru the viewing lens, and another had a slight leak last summer, it's a 1998.

Each wheel has 2 bearings @ $10 a pop :blink:

Races are $4 bucks each

Seals are $8 bucks each

Don't know how much the o-rings are?

The oil is ....................50wt Racing oil, it's like $20 a quart :eek::eek::eek:

I'm thinking if I have the hubs dis-assembled I should at least have the bearings available if they need to be replaced because I am doing it on Sunday, I could return them if I don't need them.

What a PIA $$$$$$$$$$

CJL, where are those pics of the timber in the water???? Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread here

That's OK Mike, I'm just mostly complaining over the prices anyway.

But always go to the NTOWS for the best suggestions

That is Merrill Creek in NJ, it's my favorite place to fish.

Here's a couple more pics

In the Woods.jpg

CJL, is that accessable to anyone? How big? I am from PA, and wanted to check out some places in NJ, like HOP, and maybe this one? Any info?

Just the secret hand shake LOL just kidding

Sure, what do you need to know, it's about an hour from Cabelas, PA it's in Harmony Twp NJ, 800 acres electric only, great ramps, bald eagles, gin clear water, deep smallies, rip-rap walls, submerged timber, once you see this place you will think your in bass heaven!! :wub:

we can always trade trips, Blue Marsh for MC :cool:

Hopatcong?? Bring your patience, your going to need a boat load, LOL, place is a zoo in the summer.

You should try, Spruce Run as well, there's a couple smaller lakes in my area with nice LM's & the occasional Monster Muskie.

Ask away!!!!!!

Wife just called,

$192 Bucks

1) One Winch Strap with safety buckle

2) 8 Bearings

3) 8 Races

4) 4 inner seals

5) 4 O-rings

6) 2 Quarts of 50wt Racing oil

7) 4 welcome back Kotter pins

8) 7 jack nuts :huh:

Cool CJL, sounds like a Plan. I am 40 minutes from Cabela's, 30 from Blue Marsh. I can take 78 out that way?

Yes you can take Rt 78, but then when you can merge onto 22 in PA (the last time you can merge) take 22 east over into NJ, then as soon as your in NJ, merge onto Rt 57, take Rt 57, until 519 (a mile or 2), make a left onto 519 North, then about another mile make a left onto Fox-Farm Road, the sign will also say Merrill Creek, go up steep hill, and follow Fox Farm around lake until you see a bigger sign for Merrill Creek, follow to boat launch.

Thanks alot, man, I owe ya, let me know when you need some GPS #'s on Blue Marsh

Okay, NP

My club that's from the Neshimany PA area, makes an annual trip to this lake for one of our Tourneys, given the right conditions, it's not unusual for the entire club to limit & cull or close to it. But other times the lake could be slow to nothing, it's just one of those places. I live only 10 minutes from it :wub:

If there is any bouys in the water, stay away from them, becuase if the bald eagle's are nesting it's a couple $grand for the fine.

Correction, sorry

Yes you can take Rt 78, but then when you can merge onto 22 in PA (the last time you can merge) take 22 east over into NJ, then as soon as your in NJ, merge onto Rt 57, take Rt 57, until 519 (a mile or 2), make a left onto 519 North, then about another mile make a RIGHT turn onto Fox-Farm Road, the sign will also say Merrill Creek, go up steep hill, and follow Fox Farm around lake until you see a bigger sign for Merrill Creek, follow to boat launch.

And Mike, the hills in this area are nasty, TomMac's (from this site) buddy's trailer almost caught on fire coming down one of the hills last year, brakes tend to get pretty warm!!

Oh There you Go Tee, no just a nice Smallie but held by a Hottie too!!

What, my wife a hotty? hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa:p

Good thing she doesn't have a computer:lol:

I'm gonna find her work number Tee and tell her you said that !!! :lol:

Ahhhhhh...to be honest Trep....she's great when it comes to teasin' , she can take it very well as well as dishing it out too!:lol:

Chric,

My bearings were in good shape when I replaced them. I cleaned up the old ones and keep them in the truck for emergencies. Never know when the old bearings may get you home in a pinch.

Nice Hawg your boy has. Did he catch it or did you ??? Maybe he can give me a few pointers.:)

Steve

I don't really know yet Toxic, things are a little tight for me right now, that's why I am moaning about the prices on bearings. As soon as I get a different mount I will advise you. I will be in the Flats in late April but I guess that's too far for you, but I might see Bruce F if he's there that day, if I get a new mount by then perhaps I can give it to Bruce and then maybe he can give it you when he goes to the Hot side.

But I didn't forget, just things are a little tight right now. I was trying to sell the motor itself to raise money for a new one, but I have no takers locally.

CJL

Remember, I told you I would consider both. I can wait till April, there's nothing wrong with mine right now. Keep me posted.

TOXIC

Okay Toxic, my oil tank fiasco should be over soon, I will know more then after licking my wounds :wacko:

Steve R, I caught the fish, LOL, he took the picture.

That is a great picture. The "that's a heavy fish" look on his face is priceless.:)

Okay, I'm late to reply.

Let's see, it's a 40,000.00 boat/rig (more or less). You want to know if it's worth spending an extra $100.00 on it.

DO THE MATH!

If you have any doubts whatsoever, replace them.

Tex

Well I got them done today, a day earlier than expected, I replaced all the seals, but did not replace the bearings or Races. Everything was in really good shape and very clean, I appreciate everyone's help as I just saved myself much needed money. The Ranger dealer told me I should not have to change them, when I inspected them with my borther who is a mechanic that looked good as new. I think I will hold onto one set as a emergency set.

I did mange to destroy 2 ratchets today trying to free the lug nuts,

Tex, thanks but, if my Ranger is worth $40,000 then I quadrupled my investment in six months, LOL. I saved closer to $200, which is important for me, :)

Now take some of that money you saved and buy a 2ft breaker bar,,instead on using a piece of pipe on your ratchets. (not that I have ever broken any like that) :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back