Spinnerbait Spots!

• Thread starter Dan J. [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/1930/S
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan J.

Reaction score
We've been burning points and pockets with a spinnerbait for a few weeks now and I'm beginning to wonder if they're ever going to turn off of it! (I wish!! LOL!) Today was another awesome day, boating over 40 with our best five hovering between 19-20lbs., all spotted bass. If any of you can get to Lanier this week, it should be the best week of the year!! Good Luck to all!!
Spinnerbait Spots.jpg

Uh Dan I think I count SIX in that stringer!!!! LOL

Great looking fish, MAN I wish I could retire and fish all the up there!! Working STINKS!

We couldn't decide which of the last two (3 lb'ers) were smallest so we took a pic of them all. We had one 5, two 4's and a bunch of 3's. (All now comfortably residing in my dock brush.) I hope to catch them again some other day! (Hopefully Saturday before 3p.m.!!)

Remember, work is a four letter word!!

Dan,

Those are some nice spots!!! I can't believe how fat they are!!

Bob G.

Dan - Which T are you fishing on Lanier this weekend? If you EVER need a Towel boy or Net man let me know, i'll MAKE myself free weekday or weekend to help you bring those badboys in! Gotta break the jinx we had the first 2 times we went out!

Dan...Jeanne and I were out today. Sorry we didn't bump into you. We boated four in three hours, with a bunch of missed strikes and a couple more lost at the boat. OK, we stink at this. :) Largest was about 3lbs.
jeannefish.jpg

One more. Sammy in pearl got the most strikes. Beetle spins and crappie jigs in white seemed to attract the fish, too. Nothing for us on spinners.
richfish.jpg

Dan,

Trep sucks as a towel boy or net b**ch. He's too busy catching his own toads. I won't be working for about a month, so maybe I'll take a break from 'shroom hunting and head down your way to grab a few of those beauties!!!

Rich,

Nice fish! I can't wait to get on Champlain!!!

Bob G.

Trep - What jinx? I caught fish.

(Sorry little buddy! Couldn't resist!! LOL!!)

Let's hook up soon. I'd have checked the board sooner, but I ran into these friends at the dock and needed to slip them into something more comfortable......a one gallon zip lock bag!

Rich - Been on the South end a great deal the past few weeks. The spinnerbait (formerly jerkbait) bite has been one of the best I've ever seen. Great job on your magnum! Tell the Mrs. to keep up the good work too!

Ken - We'd love to have you anytime! These spots will almost make you forget about smallies. (Well, almost!)
Crappie!.jpg

Did someone say fish fry?!?

Dan, we found that the bigger spots tended to be just inside the points of the larger coves. We caught in Flowery Branch and the mouth of Four Mile. Although we did see a couple of whoppers shallow, we couldn't get them to do more than chase.

So THAT is Jeanne! First picture I've seen of her, Rich! Tell her I said "nice fish"!

Do you realize that THAT fish you're holding woulda put you in second - right behind Trepper :) - at the Rally! Maybe I'm the jinx; you never catch anything like that when I'm around..... Or maybe..... Just maybe..... Jeanne is a far better attractant! LOL!!

You look good in that jacket!

Nice choice, Michael!

me!

Dan,

Great report and nice catch. Are you using full sized spinnerbaits, or have you tried any of the smaller frame ones as yet? I've ordered and received some Mini-Me's from SOB Lures in Texas. Got them last week, and going to try them out on Keowee next Saturday.

They are a great looking bait. Word is that they have been selling like hotcakes in and around Lanier this year.

Ummmm, ummmm good on those Crappie!

Tex

Rich - I'm sorry to have missed you and the lovely better half! We were in Big Creek in the morning, had lunch at "Up the Creek" at Starboard Marina, then finished the day in Flowery Branch. Maybe next time we can all "hook up" for lunch! That's neat that we were in the same place doing relatively the same things. What's the saying,"Great minds........" (LOL!!!!)

Tex - I take an Uncle Buck's ($2.50) 1/4 oz. white with silver double willow leaf blades and crimp on an additional 1/4 oz. lead. (Use a 1/4 oz. BPS rubber core sinker. Pull the rubber out with pliers. Slide the lead over the hook shank and crimp with the pliers.) This makes an awesome, compact, keel weighted "burning" bait that doesn't roll at high speeds, all for under $3. It's a tried and true power bait, used by many for years. It's also a great clear water tactic that covers water, targeting the aggressive, usually larger, fish. IT CAN BE DEADLY ON KEOWEE! Especially this time of year. To pattern it effectively, stay in the dam area, fishing the windiest points and pockets adjacent to it, particularly if there is any type of flat within 100 yds. or less. Just sling it and bring it! Good luck!

Tex -

I've had excellent luck with the 1/8 ounce Mini-Kings; they're available from Wallyworld for, I think, a buck-98. I like them in fire tiger with the gold, colorado blade.

They are super for catching white bass!

me!

Latest posts

Back