Special Fuel Line?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Droke

Reaction score
Good Monday morning everyone! I have a question on fuel line. I replaced my fuel line and primer bulb on my 170TF yesterday- no problems there. My question is in regards to the fuel line from the tank to the thru-hull barb fitting where it exits to the motor for hook up. I noticed the line under the deck is 3/8" i.d but it has a larger outside diameter, It also had a red stripe on it. I'm not to concerned with the ethanol problem, I have several gas stations that sell non-ethanol fuel in my area. I have tested:) them with a kit and they show no ethanol. I'm just curious it there is some reason for the large diameter stuff? Is it a vapor issue or what? I installed regular 3/8 line and it performs fine, however i don't want any safety issues.

Below deck requirements are different than "exposed". Even though you are using non-ethanol fuel, be sure the new line is compatible.....you probably won't have the good stuff for too much longer...

Bob, thanks for the reply. What specific fuel line should be below the deck? Can you get it at a local marine store?

You should be able to. It is a marine-grade, USCG, SAE approved barrier lined hose. Use no substitutes. ;)

Latest posts

Back