Source for cheap trailer wheel/tire?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
Anybody got a good source for cheap trailer wheel/tire combos? I picked up a used Watertender 12 (plastic jon boat) this past weekend and the trailer tires and wheels are pretty dismal looking (tires have cracked sidewalls all around and a deep gouge on one - the wheels have an advanced case of rust). I'm thinking of simply replacing both (4.80 x 12 tire on a 4 lug nut wheel). Thanks in advance!

JC

Jim, a quick search shows them to be about $55.00 at BPS; $45.00 on sale at Cabels and $45.00 to $60.00 at West Marine. A Google search will get you about a trillion responses.

I would try to buy locally to avoid the shipping expense.

Bill

A good source of used trailer wheels is the used section of the boat dealer. I had an old jonboat right after college the trailer's wheels were rusted pretty bad. I went to a dealer and strolled down the line of looser rigs that were traded in. Ones that were basicaly junk. I paid him a few bucks so I could swap wheels with one of the junkers.

Tractor Supply has a good supply of small trailer tires already mounted on rims if you want new.

fatrap

I was told that the Tracker Marine trailers have a special lug pattern and the wheels have to be bought from them. Anbody know if this is true?

Jim - Try Restless Wheels in Manassas on Rt 28 or the RV / Trailer Store (Rienes) at the intersection of Rt 66 and Rt 234. Both should have what you need at reasonable prices.

Bill in VA

JDJ, I don't believe that's true. My trailer is a Trailstar and I don't believe they would retool for certain retailers, even if it is Tracker.

I had to get new tires for my trailer this spring. If I had wanted the raised letter tires I would have had to go to BPS. As it was, it was just as cheap for me to get two wheels and radial tires as it would have been for me to just get the tires and have them balanced and mounted.

AND, they threw in another wheel for free because I bought the spare from them. The spare wheel was exctly the same as the tracker ones that came with the boat.

Bill

Thanks guys! I'll check out the local places. BTW - JDJ, I know for a fact that the Trailstar trailers by Tracker are not a unique lug pattern - at least for the 2002 trailers. Got a generic spare for my PT175 trailer from Bass Pro. The $75 (or so) cost was much better than the OEM $135 list.

JC

Thanks Bill, I need to get a spare and ust wanted to be sure it wasn't another salesman untruth, which evidently it was. I'l measure the pattern to be sure as soon as I get the strength back.

Latest posts

Back