Some woke to snow... I woke up to a big bite in the wallet

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
If you didn't know... I am here to tell it... Illinois is broke (and broken) no one knows how big the hole really is (15 billion to 100 billion are estimates). So, our disgusting political machine that substitutes for a state government played a game on us... The defeated lame duck state legislators are done as of today... soooooo last night they passed some legislation... no budget cuts... but they did manage to increase the state peronal income tax from 3% to 5% and almost doubled the corporate rate by making it the highest in the nation. I estimated a hit of about $1200 more for me...

Nobody is going to want to do business here. I think I want to move next door to Mo in Missouri...

Indiana Is the worst as far as taxes.....

we have a new wheel tax.a new county option Income tax, a vehice excise tax plus personal property tax,a new stormwater tax, It's gotten out of hand here and thats the tip of the iceburg..plus no jobs and a rotten police dept. one just got out of jail and is now a deputy prosecutor here.....

Unforunately, Illinois is becoming a poster child for a liberal gooberment run amuck. I feel for you Greg. :( The South has a lot to offer with weather (usually :lol: ), less taxes, and generally a more conservative outlook. And yes, there are some stud walleye down here, too. You ever decide to see for yourself in my neck of the woods there'll be an open seat with me any time. ;)

Yeah Mac - but it would still be Michigan!

No Personal Income Tax in Texas, and we lead the Nation in growth. Love being back in the Lone Star State. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Tex

Tex....you work in Omaha!!:lol::lol:

Well, I had to stroke a check to Uncle Sam last year. That was the first in all of my years filing taxes.:angry:

TOXIC

Yep no personal income tax in Texas, but watch out for the property taxes, they tend to be a bit out of control. But we don't have snow in Houston, I can deal with that.

Dont get me started on our new Governor Mac...! He is no friend of Law Enforcement. According to him, our state is to heavy with local law enforcement. He has formed a committee comprising of the Marquette County (they supported him), Ottawa County (his home county)Sheriff, State Police and two powerful Police unions (who happened to support his campaign) to brainstorm on ways to streamline (ie "shrink") local law enforcement. Mysteriously, his committe has no members of local law enforcement, even though we comprise over 65% of the Police community in the state. In addition, he feels that we recieve "cadillac" benefits and are grossly overpaid while employed and in retirement. So, if he gets his way, prepare yourselves for 75 year old deputies and State Police ramp roosters patrolling your communities. My advice to Michigan residents...Arm yourselves..and do it quickly before the liberals take your guns away..!

High taxes and out of control spending has worked so well in Cali I am sure it will do great in Illinois. :wacko:

Smitty,....I did not know that,......that blows!! But then again...Jenny didn't do anything to help much either,...but atleast I "think" she was Cop friendly!! WTH,..Pontiac doesn't have any left to speak of....Waterford has laid off @ 44-50 or so over the last 2-3 years.

Guess I better stop and buy more ammo on the way home!;)

Greg

You're in Elgin? I fish the Fox there all the time, I'm from Elk grove.

Greg

As long as you don't fish move to Iowa. The nearest large body of water near me is the sewage lagoon next to the truck stop:lol:

fatrap

John,

Which pool of the Fox? I'll join you anytime you need company..

I fish the section under the tollway, launch at Voyagers. I sometimes fish the next pool south by the riverboat fo walleye. You fish the Fox much? I want to learn the pool north the connects to the chain near Algonquin. I am out almost every week but try to leave the water by 10am.

John,

In the far distant past I was able to fish from the Kimball Street dam all the way north to past Richardson's subdivion in that pookl, and in the Spring I have (long ago) driven my small boat all the way up to West Dundee. Now, you are luckt to get north of the upper end of the Forest Preserve.

If you launch in Algonquin, above the dam, you can travel all the way up to and past the Wisconsin border. But betwqeen Algonquin and the north end of Elgin forget boating. And, above Algonquin you need a Chain use sticker...

Let's get together and talk in the near future.

North Dakota = Oil

Oil = Revenue and Jobs

Fargo = Border of Minnesota

Minnesota = 10,000 Lakes

Unfortunately, North Dakota also = Deep Freeze 5 months of the year.

Greg, to borrow a phrase: "The beatings will continue until morale improves."

Sorry.

I moved here to Illinois 4 years ago and I like the big lake fishin and all, smallies, giant browns, salmon ect. But what I have noticed is there are no free launches on the big lake, every time I put my boat in, it's 25 bucks. Sorta feels like I am back in So Calif !!! I bought a sticker for the chain, and have gotten a few small walleye, but the gestapo DNR is insane ! Every time I go out, full cavity searches for everyone aboard. No big deal as I have all my safety equipment, but jeeze, it hurts when i walk now ! It seems like the state is all up in your business for every move you make. You know I have to buy a parking sticker to park my truck in my driveway. I own my home, no association at all. I got a fine and a summons to appear for a parking sticker to park my truck in my own driveway. Dec 24 I almost got hauled away for it. Insane. Hey, I can use all the help I can get on the Fox too, better yet, the Kankakee, I have blanked the past few times, what am i doing wrong ?

Muskyman,

The City of Chiocago will tell you that you are lucky that there are any public launches at all... Took almost three years to get the 95th Street launch "fixed" back to barely useable.

Latest posts

Back