Slow couple days on the Board

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Smith

Reaction score
Its been a couple of slow days on the board so I figured I would post something about my weekend.

My parents went away this weekend with some friends on a "Wine tasteing" adventure up to Traverse City, Mich. My sister and I stayed with my grand parnets who live right around the corner from us (Less than an 1/8 of a mile). After school friday my grandma and my sister went over to my uncle's to watch his kids because his wife had to take him in for testing because of terrable migranes .So i did my homework then my grandpa and I went fishing at a local lake for a couple hours with thretining rain the whole time. We caught about a dozen shortues on senko's and crankbaits then the fish turned off like a switch. So we left and went to get something to eat.

Saturday we put ne carpet on his boat trailer bunks and fixed some loose wires and seized up boat rollers and then headed for church.

Sunday we fished the little creek behind their house where I caught my first brown trout on an in-line spinner. He was only about 10 inches long but what a fight. We fished for almost 4 hours and then bagged it to watch the nascar race.

Yesterday, I went fishing once again (fter doing my homework) to the creek behind their house and landed me a big fish!! I caught an 18-19 inch Brown Trout on a spinner once again. No camera-no scale-no ruler-Just guesstimates. That was awsome. He was bigger than the bass I was catching Friday night.

Hope everyone had a good weekend,

Travis

Travis,

Sounds like you had a very productive and enjoyable weekend and time with your Grandparents. I'm certain, that however much fun/enjoyment you had, it probably doesn't match the smiles that you brought to your Grandparents faces.

Not done much/any trout fishing before. Something that I'd like to do a little more of, but right now, I'm concentrating on bassin.

Tex

Travis, I wish I lived that close to my Grandparents when I was a kid. My Grandpa is the guy who taught me how to fish.

Travis -

An 18-19" brownie is a Trophy in most waters!

That fish would weigh in the 2 1/2 pound class!

Nice going!

me!

Travis:

I grew up in Michigan also, a lot of great fishing there. Cherish the time spent with your grandpa fishing. In time, you'll appreciate the memories of fishing with him more than the fish you catch.

I wish I could have one more day fishing with my grandpa. He passed away in the summer of 2002. I have a lot of great memories of fishing with him.

BJ

I know he was a wall hanger me! but I did not have a camera and I could not take a beautiful fish like that from those waters. Also I have a $500 pike waiting for me anytime too.

My Grandparents are the best. They love having us (my sister and I) around for the weekend once in a while. But im sure after dealing with our hectic schedules for a weekend hey are ready to get back to their regular schedule too. LOL. I love my grandparents dearly.

T.S.

Latest posts

Back