Ski Pylon?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew Dennis

Reaction score
Dilema here. My kids want to kneeboard this summer and tube. I have the rope harness that hooks to the transom eyes..but hate using it cause the rope stays in the water and I am always worried about it getting in the prop when I slow down. My rear seat post is threaded, and BassPro sells the SwivelEze ski pylon that fits. I will have to drill and install the support bars which is not a big deal. HOWEVER..the darn ski pylon says not to tow tubes or kneeboards?!?! then what are you SUPPOSED to tow with it...the empty rope?? Taken straight from the website:::

"DO NOT use Ski Pylons to pull any recreational equipment that is tied to the tow rope such as water tubes, aquaplanes, wakeboards, etc. "

Now I can kind of see the tied on part regarding tubes..potential for a flying tube hittin someone....but last time I checked wakeboards were not tied!

What do you guys do to tow a kneeboarder?

"Ski" Pylon ... seems clear to me. Now, if the logic behind the "tied items" prohibition is simply to make sure that no item is secured to the rope, then I would think towing someone on an untied kneeboard would be okay. However, note that the owner would be assuming all risks as the company issued a warning. It is the world we live in.

Just get a bridle with floats and be done with it. Still when tubing the rope will catch in the water with a lighter kid in the tube whilst underway. I don't like that , but i also don't feel confident enough to put a ski pylon on a bass boat and expect it to hold.

Been there, done that and the prop ate the rope. Nonetheless what they mean is that a Ski Pylon is for pulling skiers.....Wakeboards, Kneeboards and tubes create much more drag.

TOXIC

I have one on my 901 and have never had a problem pulling a tube. Chris F.
Pets, tubing, truck 002.jpg

another option is what i have, not sure what its called, it a rope about 8 to 10 feet long with floats on it and it holds the tow rope up and behind the prop, its never even come close to hitting my prop, i also use it when towing another boat. it comes in handy.

mike c

I have pulled my kids on a big tube with a ski pylon a bunch of times; absolutely no problem ever!! I can't imagine why that restriction is in place. Sometimes I just don't understand things. Hope you find something that works

I've got a 170TF and been using the bridle with the floats for seven years now and have never had a problem, but I also make a point to never, ever put it in reverse when the rope is attached to the boat. Good Luck

Jim

Chris I like the one you have alot! The one I was looking at had more of a "trailer ball" type thing at the top. What brand and model is the one you have?

PS-That nitro looks dang good behind that Dodge! Trying to talk my better half into letting me get rid of my old Ram 1500 (98 model) and get the 2009 ram mega-cab. That is one SWEET ride!!

That is a swivel-eze. I use to have it on my 640lx. I think I bought it back in 2000.Chris F.

Latest posts

Back