Seminars

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich D

Reaction score
Toxic, Mac, Mini, Rob, and others who give seminars lectures, Do you have reservations against being video taped while giving a seminar? With the sport show season here, there will be many speakers and seminars, and while I often try to take notes, I have often thought it would be great if I could tape the seminar and pick it apart at my leisure. Are there contractual obligations against this?

Any thoughts?

Rich D

Just a note. You were allowed to 'audio record' the Bassmaster U sessions, but no video allowed. Most are being compensated for their appearances, so I would venture that they (either the sponsor or the speaker), do not want someone 'possibly' re-selling to someone else.

Be interesting to hear the others remarks.

Tex

Of course I am in no way comparable to KVD, Yelas and the likes so I don't get paid to do seminars. Right now, I do them for sponsors and locally for retailers and shops etc to promote my service. As it stands now, I have no written contracts to conflict with. I imagine as you become a sought after speaker, things will change. I only hope to have that problem some day. I would feel really special if someone actually taped me! LOL Hey Ken, when Buzz and I come out, once the store is closed, can I do a tank seminar and you and Mac and Buzz and Mini all stand around and pretend to take notes and pics???? It would make me feel really cooooool! LOL

I don't recall anyone ever taping Mini or myself during a seminar, but I'm not really looking for it either,...I know they won't make any money selling copies of our demo's!! LOL

We try to liven it up and keep thing interesting, but we both like to talk for approx. 1/2 the alotted time and then open the forum to a Q&A session......we get a lot of response that way....people like to be involved!!

Mac

Sorry for the late response but I was giving seminars all weekend!! LOL Nah, I don't have a problem with it (filming that is), as a matter of fact, I think a video library on this site would be awesome!! Not only seminars on fishing but winterizing, maint. (trailer/Motor) etc.. OR....just have the tapes/DVD's avaliable for members to "check out". I have had the audio done but no video. I am beginning to be asked to speak at a lot of clubs where a lot of the meetings are taped so, I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

TOXIC

We have been taped Mac...last year there was a gy taping the tank demos.

I dont have a problem with it yet, but I may in the future. You cannot use my likeness, or anyone elses with out expressed permission (release form).

Tape away!

Mini

Hey Rich,

What shows do you know that are in the area besides the Sport Show in Monroeville later this month? Maybe we can hook up being you have such a great taste in boats. :)

Jeff,

I am a new member of the Three Rivers chapter of Musky Inc and we are sponsoring a Musky expo in March (the 7th through the 9th). I can't go all three days, and there are 1 or 2 seminars each day I would like to see. Next club meeting, I am going to see if anyone can tape them for me, or possibly tape them all and distribute (not sell, wouldn't be fair to the speakers) copies to members.

I wouldn't mind meeting you at one of the shows. The link to the musky one is posted below, or there is the big one at the expomart. Just let me know.

Rich D
http://home.attbi.com/~esoxhntr/trmix.htm

Make sure you say Hello to Bob Brunner for me. I think he will be there. The guy is a hoot, older than dirt and still guiding! Started fishing Clair in 1929.

Mini

I will if I see him, dam% the consequences! HA!

Rich D

Check with the venue and the promoter and then with approval tape away. One of the two will be the "yes" or "no" person responsible for the decision. Some individuals are contractually obligated to limit their likeness/exposure to particular agents only. The venue and/or promoter will know. It sometimes will vary between audio and video as well. Usually, paid seminars are a "no", free a "yes". It never hurts to ask!

Thanks Rich,

Never tried to fish for Musky before. Maybe I'll hook into one by accident while walleye fishing at Pymatuning this year. I'll do plan on attending the sport show at the expomart though.

Let's email or hook up on the board as the show gets closer and we can meet out there.

Rich D

Back