Seat Repair

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berry Lindley

Reaction score
Well, I poked a few holes in my boat driver's seat last Saturday. The zipper slider tab on my Bass- Pro insulated coveralls was the culprit. Now I have 2 holes a little smaller than the size of the diameter of a ball point pen. What's the best way to repair this? (Every other slider is covered on these coveralls EXCEPT for those on the 2 back pockets- Go figure.)

Vinyl? If so, try getting one of those leather/vinyl repair kits from Target. Its the one that comes in a gooey paste of different colors in small containers that you custom mix to the color of your seat. You then smear it on, cover with a piece of paper that most closely reflects the seat grain and then run the tip of iron (on LOW setting) over it. Used it to repair a tear in my PT175 vinyl seats when my fishing partner's rods wore a hole in the seat while trailering the boat to a launch. Will admit, mixing colors is the biggest challenge, but since the tear on my seat was black, I didn't have to worry about that part. Other option is to pull the seat off and have it professionally repaired.

I found an inconspicuous area underneath the seat to trim off a small piece then tucked it through the hole (to act as backing material) then dabbed thin super glue on the edges of the tear so that it soaked through to the backing. Not perfect but isn't very noticeable and is holding up.

Latest posts

Back