Seat post

• Thread starter Timothy Oliver2
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timothy Oliver2

Reaction score
I was cleaning up the boat the other day,went to take the seats and post out.Man,I what a time I had trying to get the post out.Is there any thing that makes the removel any eaiser?

Tim

WD-40 is what Tox is going to say.

Really, though, do a search. I think that there is a good thread on this that may give you a few ideas.

Carlos

I just use a white lithium grease on mine and it works well. Be careful not to to lay them down on the carpet however or you'll have grease stains to clean.

Bill

or maybe a little extra time in the weight room.....hahahahahaha

just kiddin, Tim. When are we going fishing?

TJ

Maybe,I could just haul a rugged bugger like you around T.J.,and have you do it.hehe haha.I wrestled with them like an old dog with a bone, a deal of growling going on till they came up.

I'm thinking I might hit the big lake Sat.Want to go?

If the weather O.K.

I'll try a little of the grease.The stains can't be any worse than the mud that came up with th anchor last weekend or the fish blood that T.J going to spill all over the place.Been there done that more than once.

Thanks, Tim

Get a small hand rasp and ream out the bushing on the inside of the seat base SLIGHTLY. If you take out too much, the seat will wobble. Even with WD-40 or lithium grease, that bushing will continue to swell and cause you problems when you least expect it.

Mine have never been a problem and Teddy never used them so I know I am the first....My suggestion is to get me up there and I'll plant my big arse on them for a day....that'll loosen them up!! What I found is that they have to come straight up and I mean straight. I push the button and turn the seat so that it stays depressed, then I concentrate on pulling/turning straight out of the hole. Personally I wouldn't file them down, these boats wear out fast enough without me speeding up the process by simulating wear. Another thought is to leave them in while you tow a couple of times, that outta loosen them up.

TOXIC

"Rugged Bugger" - you crack me up, Tim! Is that a phrase you brought with you from Maine?

Anyways, I'm going to be doing the Easter thing with my family in Green Bay this weekend, so I just can't make it on Saturday (Dangit!). I'm wide open after this weekend, if you see fit to invite me again. I PROMISE I won't let any fish bleed in your new Tundra. I'll even wrestle those seat posts for awhile if that's what it takes.....

TJ

The 1st 2 yrs I had my 901, I had no problems with the posts coming out. Last year, they go harder and harder to remove.

I bought one of those 1 1/2" disc sanders for my drill. I used that to lightly sand the sleeve until the posts could be taken our easily. It didn't take a lot of sanding.

They work fine now!

RoyC

Whether it is the metal posts, or the plastic capped posts, try the following.

Get some 'lock ease' from the hardware store. It's graphite in an alcohol solution. Apply some to the seam/junction, and let it soak down. It works wonders, but sometimes takes awhile. The liquid will evaporate, and leave a very fine coating of graphite.

I used it on my Targa's seats, and it was wonderful.

Tex

Ya, These are the tappered plactic caped post.They just seem the lock up on the tapper os good you can't nock'em lose.I'll start with the less intrusive means first.I hate to do any sanding on them.But the lube thing worth a try.If that do'nt do it,I be more than glad to employe Toxic's fat arse to give'em the treatment for a day on Lake Michigan.Sure anytime! Might not ever get the seat post out again ,LOL ,but we'd have a good time.

Thanks Tim

Latest posts

Back