Seat Pedestal

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
Greetings,

TGIF!

I recently purchased an adjustable seat pedestal/bicylcle seat for my #1 fishing partner (my 10 year old)...

He loves the "leaner" type seat and would not use the standard seat in the back of my TV-18.

Here's the problem...The pedestal is a bit too short for him...It's a swivel-ease model, probably 16". I can add one of the 12" extensions that came with the boat, but then even with the seat down as far as it goes, it's too tall!!!

Does anyone know where I can find a short (6") pedestal extension?? The TV-18 takes the straight (not the screw in) type extensions...

I did not see one on-line in Bass Pro...

thanks!

az

Andy,

They make hydraulic adjustable ones. That's what I have, then they fit anyone in the boat my pulling the lever. I don't think they're that much more. Especially if you keep buying extensions. Just a thought. I can take a pic of mine if you want. I don't know if the seats came with it or not.

Andy, if you find that 6" extension, let me know!

My father-in-law complained about the rear seat being a bit too low. If I can't find a short extension like that, I'm taking Rob's advice and buying two hydraulic or pneumatic extension pedestals. I'm definitely going to get one for the front bicycle seat.

Andy, they make the power pedestals that is gas filled and an adjustable type with a pin which adjust in approx 1 1/2" increments. I own both types the non-powered works just as well. No handle in the way to bump. Just a thought.

The seat/pedestal I just bought is the piston-adjustable...

It's too short and the one I use is too tall for the boy...

I figured if I could find the short extension for the short piston-adjustable, it would be just right...

az

Hey Andy,

It sounds like there's a market for 6 inch extensions. I'll start designing, and get my patent attourney on the paper work right away.

Do you know anyone who's a machinist?? How about any local machine shops? All you need is a lathe and you should be able to have one modified easily enough.

Once Jake has a custom pedistal and bike seat, I think you should sit in the back and give him the bow....We all know he catches bigger fish than you anyway...LOL

Good luck,

Marke

Latest posts

Back