Seat Pedestal - which one

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Hale

Reaction score
My 03 Targa has the "Taper-Lock" Seat Pedestals. I always have a tough time removing them.

Is there a different base / Pedestal system that is easier to remove -- maybe--3/4 Lock 'N Pin--Springfield Spring-Lock--Threaded pins--Swivl-eze

Wasn't there a couple guys on the board a few months ago with a great new pedestal ? Didn't you get their email?

;>)

Doug -

Yes there was .

I don't think they would work as these are rear passengers seat-- Want something more rigid..

Hale, I have had experience with the 3 types you mention above. The taper lock bases and the snap lock bases have been problematic removing the posts from the bases. I once had to use a pipe wrench to remove a post from a snaplock base. I tried different lubricants to make the posts easier to remove, but they all made a mess. The only ones I have never had trouble removing the posts from is the 3/4 lock'n pin.

Hale - I think they make a heavy duty insert adapter that goes into the taper lock hole and it then will accommodate the 3/4 inch pin. I have the snap lock bases and was looking for the adapter to go to a 3/4 in pin since I have a few other seats and fishing rod holders that I could use on the boat.

Check BPS but if not go to one of the marine stores.

Bill

Thanks guys-- Bill there is that adaptor on the BPS web Page.

Is the 3/4" pipe Pedestal "threded or not"..

Was at KC Cabela's Spring Xpo today -- They do not have them..

March 18 - I'll be at the SpringField, MO BPS Spring fishing Clasic-- Hope to take a look-see at these units..

Thanks HaleDamage...................Rick

PS: Anyone else going to the BPS Spring Classic in SpringFirld, MO ? :eek:)

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/cata...arClassCode=4&hvarSubCode=9&hvarTarget=browse

My first Tracker had the 3/4 inch pin but was not threaded. My next two Nitro's also did not have the threaded pin but I created a couple of butt seats and used threaded pins and they fit perfectly fine. Of course, they did not tighten in the hole but with my weight I didn't have to worry about them turning. LOL Buy one and see how they work!

Latest posts

Back