Additional seats for Tracker Targa V16

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomarsFool

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Tracker Targa V16 SC. It has 4 seat mounts in the cockpit area, with 3 seats that are on pedestals. The pedestals pull right out of the seat mounts (there's no pin or anything that locks them in the seat mounts).

I'd like to add a 4th seat on a pedestal. Are the seat mounts compatible with any of the aftermarket pedestals that are available? If so, which ones?

The bases sure a lot like this. Which is the Springfield Marine 2 3/8" Plug In base. Does anyone know if they are the same?

Last edited:
Yes, all compatible if you get the right pedestal 238 series. I have the 278 series on my Tracker Pro 175TF. I'm gonna call the dealership to order another seat even though it'll cost a fortune, I wanted all my seats to be the same. You can do it within the first 2 years of that production, after that, its a big IF any Merc dealer has them. They told me they'd have to order mine but I don't know the price yet. I did order another pedestal though so I wouldn't have to pull up the seat & pedestal. My seat pedestals lock into the seat bases. Personally I hate the dang things as I have no feeling in my feet, so once I can't see where my foot is, I have no idea where its at OR if I'm pressing the lock release. cq though has given you a lot of sites to look at, I got my power pedestal from BPS as I don't like a fixed height but the locking system is the same.

How do the plug-in bases compare with some of the other styles? I've seen some negative feedback about the plastic inserts breaking and about people having a hard time getting them out and needing a pipe wrench to get them off. All things being equal, I'd certainly rather just get a pedestal and not change the seat mount itself, but if it is going to be a problem - I'd rather buy a the pedestal and seat mount now, then then to have to buy a new pedestal and seat mount in the future.

I have had a number of boats over the years. I have never had any problems with my pedestals (plug-in) probably people that insert one and 5 years later try to remove it, have the problem. These are the ones that leave their boat outside unprotected, plenty of them around here. I was looking for used when we moved south and after seeing the conditions of the used boats I bought new.

Yep, what cq said. Once a year wd40 especially on pin pedestal mounts. The wedge types for me are a pain but again, lube them and they are ok. I like what you have on the 238 series that just lift up, no muss no fuss. The locking pin pedestals can really be a pain to lift if you neglect them. On the Nitro I bought used, I finally did manage to get the locking pin pedestals loose after soaking it in PB Blaster and such stuff and letting it sit for 3 days, each day working it and spraying some more. After that, replaced the bases and pedestals and sold the old stuff. Anybody will buy it at the right price and for 5 bucks for the base and 10 for the pedestal with seat mount, they were out of my way :)

Got the same ones their ok now ........after a can of WD40 and a lot of grunting. My Nitro had the pin type the were easy to put in and out but this 238 type are a lot more stable.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back