Seafoam / STP ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Buch

Reaction score
Yesterday i went to Walmart and no more Seafoam, in place of it they have a can, same shape and size but its made by STP. Does anyone know if this is this the same stuff, did STP buy Seafoam?

hero_mpmt.jpg

I would wager a guess that Wally World got a better price from STP and replaced Seafoam with that product. Or it may not have been on the truck they got in. Seafoam is different. Go to any auto parts store.

TOXIC

Actually the STP is not all that bad. Use on the rocks with a bit of lemon peel,

I found a much better price for seafoam at my local NAPA auto parts store. Walmart had it for $8.97 and NAPA had it for $6.48 or so. From reading all the posts on here for seafoam, I now use it in everything.

In additon to Seafoam, Techron (by Chevron) is also a good product. I used to use Techron in my motorcycles all the time. Great cleaner, degreaser.

I didn't think Techron was supposed to be used in two stroke?

Tee - really? Techron is mostly stoddard solvent. Same stuff as Yamaha Ring Free. Since Techron is also an additive in Chevron gasoline, I wonder if that means you shouldn't use Chevron gas in two-strokes either?

Chevron Techron is not recommended for two strokes.

The Yamaha Ring is designed for two strokes....their statement. (Look it up)

Latest posts

Back