Scott Martin

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JR F

Reaction score
I spent the day with Scott Martin the Fishing Pro. from Cleweston Fla...

I must say thet he IS one of the finest people to talk to..Very Imformative...He really Is one nice guy.......

I can't believe how down to earth he Is..I really enjoyed talking to him one on one..He's funny to, has some great stories,,But he really does have alot of knowledge for some one so young.....It was a very pleasurable day....JR

He was here AND It snowed all day,,,Cold too..HA He wanted to send pictures back but all I had was my cell camera and It didn't do well....Anderson Indiana....He spent the day here..I was Living off and on In Okeechobee from 73-91 and I Knew his father..Scott Is so different..He's really a great young man..And he knows alot about how to fish..I am sure his dad taught him alot....He's really a Very Nice Guy....I was Impressed with him....I did give him some old pointers on okeechobee he really didn't know about some places I fished years ago..It was a fun day.....JR

Scott's a great guy. We've been friends for years. His Momma (Mary Ann) did a fantastic job with him. He spent so much time with Chet D. and his dad on the Big O, he knows it like the back of his hand. When Granny ran the lunch counter at the marina, it was a guaranteed button popping, perfect meal every time. When you see him again, ask him about that dreadful day when we were miles out of Chaumont Bay on Ontario and tried to find as many guys as we could to tell them why all our cell phones died. The date was 9/11/01.

On a lighter note, one quick funny story: We were standing in line to register for a St John's BASS T where Shaw was at a table taking up a collection for the "Save Rodman" campaign. When we got up to him, he hit us up to donate like the rest when Scott, not having the best practice, quipped,"Save Rodman?! I hope they drain it, pave it flat, and make a golf course out of it!!" We all just about peed ourselves! Shaw took it great, especially since he wasn't fishing the T, still recuperating from a surgery. You just had to see the look on his face though. It was priceless!

When you see him again, tell him Big Dan says, "Hey!!"

Great story...I won't see him again until I go down there In the spring...Dan I lived down In the big O off and on from 73--91...was engaged to a lady from there,he knew her cousin..Are you from there??????JR

JR - I kept a boat at Pahokee Marina for several years until I moved up to N. Atlanta in '95. I lived in Palm Beach and fished the "O" often. (Less than an hour, straight out 441.)

I have a fishing trip booked for Feb. 18th on Okeechobee with Scott Martin's guide service. When I talked with him on the phone he didn't know if he would be available personally on that day but assured me if he wasn't that he would set us up with a very qualified guide for the day. I hope we get him but if notI hope his guide he provides will be as friendly and knowledgable as Scott.

Latest posts

Back