SAINTS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Dufour

Reaction score
How about dem SAINTS ????????????? We've waited along time for this. Hell should be freezing over shortly!!!

Barry from Louisiana

Barry,...congrat's...but rest assured, it ain't even CLOSE to freezin over,..........that'll happen when the LION's break .500!!!:rolleyes:

Mac,

When that happens God will sit down to dinner with the Devil over cocktails at an ice sculpture table in the center of Hell!

No,...THAT will happen when you give up walleye fishing and join the BASS Tour!:rolleyes::p

Well Lets have your guess on the scores...I predict 34 colts 20 saints

JR

Congrats to the Saints....but I have to say....

GO COLTS!!!

I think the game will be very close.

And Mac if Hell freezes over guess I'll just get the auger out and catch some gills for dinner!

Randy!

For me, I think that in this case - experience is a key factor. And the leader of the Colts has the experience and the prior Championship to make the difference.

Hence, the 2nd half performance yesterday.

Tex

I am a Saints season ticket holder. I was at the game last night. Standing on the side of my 81 year old Father-in-law, who NEVER missed a home game in 43 years. We wern't supposed to beat Philly, The Giants, Patriots, Cardinals, or the Vikings, according to many. Farve is a native of this area, just like Payton. I hope the Super Bowl is a good game, as far as we are concerned we have nothing to lose. Next year with no salary cap, and the better finishing teams not being able to get free agents unless you lose one, football will never be the same. I glad we did this before this started.

Who Dat!

Bubby:)

Barry, you wouldn't put a pile of money on that bet, would you? We are talking about the Colts.

After 43 years of betting on the Saints, I feel at this time it would be a bad bet for me. All I can do is wish!

Barry from Louisiana :)

I don't know Barry,....they're riding awfully high on emotion right now and sometimes that's all it takes to push it over the top!! Sure,..the Colt's have the super Bowl experience...but that's only worth XX amount, and I'm willing to bet their player's are a tad over confident. I'd like to see the Saints win it...for their fan's, their city and the state!! Nawlin's sure deserves it!! What a party that would be in the French Quarter huh??

I don't have a dog in this fight, so it doesn't matter to me....but I'd be really happy for Louisiana if "ya'll pulled this one off!!" ;)

Yea! I know that the Colts are tough, but so where the Vikings. I was worried during the game Sunday night. Usually the Saints would be the one that would be on the losing end. Maybe it might be our year. We have alot of new Saints fans on board now which is good. But us old timers have suffered all these years. My wife bought me a Conference Champion t-shirt, but I will not wear any Saints shirts until the Super Bowl. I've always been a Saints fan. In high school, I even worked the early Saints game as an usher in the old Tulane Stadium. That was fun!! Hoepfully it may be their year!

Barry from Louisiana :)

The core of the Colts team has experienced the agony of just missing a trip to the SB; winning a SB and also getting knocked out early in the playoffs. They know what is going to happen SB week, and will keep their 'newer' teammates grounded.

For the Saints, it's all new.

If you have to score 10 points in the last 7-8 minutes of a critical game, who has the best credentials to do that? Manning. Sunday's game against the Jets is a prime example.

Let's remember this. If Favre doesn't make an absolutely idiot throw with the game on the line, Minn. would probably be in the SB. Yes, the Saints DB picked it off - but as Aikman said from the booth - 'you simply do not make that pass, in that situation'. Favre could have run for 8-10 yards and that probably would have done it for their kicker.

Again, hat's off to the Saints for the win and the way they drove down the field and scored in OT. But they really don't have anyone on their team that has experienced what they are about to experience.

This is one time, where the 'business like Ind. Colts' have a distinct advantage over the very emotional Saints.

Pull for the Saints, bet the Colts.

Tex

I'd like to see the Saints win also, just 'cause they haven't. The thing that really has me scratchin' my head is that the Pro Bowl is BEFORE the SuperBowl. Does that mean the SB players who are also ProBowlers sit the game out to avoid injury. Hardly fair to them!

Who thunked that one up, Obama's Cabinet? :blink:

Yes. None of the SB players that are on the Pro-Bowl roster will participate by agreement. For the players, they really didn't need/want to win a trip to S. Florida - but wanted the designation of being selected for the Pro-Bowl (as many of the contracts pay extra for Selection to the Pro-Bowl.

Most of the players, would just as soon 'pass' on the ProBowl after a long grueling season. Espcially since it doesn't involve a trip to Hawaii anymore.

Tex

But they do pick up extra bennies for being selected and playing no matter where it's played right?

Scott

I'll answer my own question on that. Most players have Pro Bowl bonuses or "escalators" built into their contract. Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald for example, had a $5 million escalator in his contract last year. Most run between $200-300K.

Scott

Tex, i wouldnt say its all new for the Saints. The team isnt made up os just guys they have drafted and there are veteran members of that team that have been to super bowls before. Two off the top of my head are Randall Gay who played on two of them for the Pats and Jeremy Shockey with the Giants( he was hurt but still had the leading up to the game experiences). Im sure those guys will be filling in thier teammates on what to expect. There may be more guys as well, those are just two in can think of. Personally i think the "experience" thing is a little over rated.

I think the Saints have a real shot at winning this game. Both teams are playing very well right now and this could be one of the best Superbowls we will ever see.

Jim - I will remind you of one of the better SB's that has been played:

New England vs Carolina

In the first qtr, the Panthers were nervous/excited and basically could not execute.

From the 2nd QTR till near the end of the game - they played well.

At the end, the guy and the team with the experience came through and delivered.

Almost any team in the playoff's have 'some' people that have been to the big game before. However the difference in experience at this level between the Colts and the Saints is enormous! The Colts 'know' what it takes. The Saints 'think they know what it takes'.

Pull for the Saints, bet the Colts. ;)

Tex

Generally speaking, they have to be selected and do not necissairly have to 'play' in the Pro Bowl. And being selected, is not generally related to :

Starters vs Non-starters

Subsitutes or replacements

If your name is on the roster (whether playing or not), you generally get the bonus.

Tex

COLTS, COLTS, COLTS, COLTS!!!

Been a fan since they came to Indy. Been thru some rough years. This one was actually a surprise to me. I thought we would barely squeek into the playoffs. Alot of young talent and an old QB who knows what he's doing.

I smell a victory.......but......being from Indianapolis I am also a Purdue fan which makes me a Drew Brees fan. D-R-EEEEEEEEEE-W! I can't believe the Titans passed on him although Bud is a dumb a$$ (hence Vince Young). So, if the Colts lose at least Drew wins.

I agree with Tex, experience makes a big difference. The Colts have 25 players that have been there before. I hope they are over confident, and get their ass kicked. Another thing, Farve did make a stupid decision. No one says anything about Brees having a bad night, he missed many open receivers. If he were on ( not because of the pass rush, hardly had pressure) we probally would have won by 14 or more. If Greg Williams gets the kind of pressure on Payton as Farve had, we have a chance. Anyway, I am not betting on either. I hope the Saints win, if they don't we are still going to party. There will be a parade on Tuesday after the Superbowl honoring the NFC Champions, or Superbowl Champions. Drew Brees is a class act, and Coach Payton, Greg Williams, Reggie Bush to many to list. We have never had this before, we have won already.

Who Dat!!!!

I agree on the coach and Brees for sure. Not convinced that Reggie Bush is the real thing (meaning a money RB). He certainly has his moments though.

Tex

Tex, sorry didn't mean only as players. In the community, they are priceless. Always doing or having something for the children. Reggie, pops up at many schools... giving talks on how important it is to be in school. Many NFL players are active in their charities. These guys show up, like they are not special. Drew, Sean Payton, stop and help folks rebuilding homes destroyed from Kitrina. In my 56 years, and been following the Saints for 43... I never saw this. Most of our players only made headlines for Bar fights, DUI's, or family disputs. These guys we now have try to fly under the radar, don't want credit for what they do... They do things, because they feel it in their hearts.

GAUX SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

I hate the saints...................................but of course I am a Vikings fan..........:D

If the Saint's and Colt's both play well....then the Colt's will be the Super Bowl champs. The Colt's have also proven that they can make any game close against any team. I think the Saint's need the Colt's to play somewhat subpar to pull this game off. I know both teams are dome teams, however, I believe a wet field in which footing would be difficult will benefit New Orleans. The Saint's need to get to Manning to really make the game interesting.

Latest posts

Back