Rod Tip Replacement

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Elkins

Reaction score
One of my rod tip guides has the ceramic guide missing. Are the guides hard to replace and can the average Joe do it?

With ease! The only "trick" is to not apply too much heat.

Just heat the old one SLIGHTLY with a match or lighter until it pulls off. (use a pair of needlenose or something to keep from burning your fingures.)

With no guide on the rod, determine which diameter to use.

Warm the end of the stick of ferrul glue. Dab it on the end of the rod. Slide the new guide on. (It helps to heat the guide slightly.)

me!

Thanks Scott. I'll get me some of that ferrul glue and give it a try on a trash rod first.

Sam,

I do this about five times a year and Wal-Mart sells a kit with glue and three different size tips for about four bucks. Just make sure you get it in line and don't lean it up against the wall before it is dry. a "friend " told me that it will knock it out of line if you do that!haha

Tim

One of my afterthoughts.....

I'm always afraid that I won't put on enough glue - so I end up having extra pushing out around the end of the guide after I've slipped it on..... I just wait until everything is cooled and then trim the excess off with a razor blade or sharp knife - Carefully! So that I don't nick the rod.

me!

Wipe it off with your finger immediately!!,...it's NOT THAT hot!!..LOL....GEEEEEZZZ!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back