Rod Separator Pro Team 175

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Welc

Reaction score
Hello all, has any built a rod separator for a pro team 175 (or other boat). I hate when I put my rods in the rod locker they become tangled. I'm thinking about getting some PVC pipe and ends and trying to put them in the hole of the rod locker, just can't decide how to secure the PVC so it doesn't move back and forth when getting rods out and putting them back in. Thanks

The easiest solution is rod socks. they are cheap and very effective.

Paul:

I made my rod seperator from a piece of plywood and 7 golf tube inserts. The tubes have a lip on them so you don't have to worry about securing them. The tubes are good enough to keep 6 1/2 foot rods apart. I made seven holes but ran into a problen with my spinning gear. The two eyes on the rod nearest the reel wouldn't fit in the tube. I cured this by only putting my casting rods in the tubes. I cut a hole in the plywood to fit the spinning rods. I also made a wood bracket to sit the handles on. I'm going down to the boat tomorrow and will send you some pics.

Stickbaitmike

Agreed on the rod socks! I just bought enought for all my rods..even the ones I don't keep in the boat. Makes grabbing the one I want (not the one the boat wants me to have cause they are all tangled) a breeze! Although I do wish the BassPro ones were a bit longer for my 7 foot rods....leaves a lot of the rod not covered.

Third on the rod socks. Allows me to fit in up to 8 rods/reels (so far) in the PT175 rod locker tangle free. Cheaper and easier than trying to fit a rod organizer and I'll bet you won't get as many rod/reels into that small space!

I have this one's they are well worth the $$$. I have a blue plastic cover for my crank and then just slip the jacket over it and it wor't get tangle with your lure.

http://www.stickjacket.com/

<a href="http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/shimano4u/?action=view

I use pipe insulation, they come in 6 or 7 ft lengths. Just slide your rod in and your done. Cheap and they are soft to prevent damage to rods. You can get them at Lowes/Home depot. Get the 1 inch tubes (inside diameter)

Mark

Rod socks and reel covers the best solution. Keeps the rods from getting all banged up.

fatrap

You guys kill me....too much other stuff in my rod lockers..I haven't used them since I bought it new:wacko::lol:

Latest posts

Back