Rich: Grab Bag Additions Submitted

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
Rich,

I submitted two items for the Grab Bag via e-mail. One is my Palm Pilot checklist (cleaned up so it looks less like a 747 checklist), and the other is the annual maintenance list. Both are in HTML format.

Please let me know whether or not you can use these, or if I should submit them in a different format.

This weekend, I'm going to try to install new lid locks and lid pulls. Would you rather have this project as an HTML file (with JPEGs), or a link to a page on my own website?

MO

Hey MO!

I'll be interested in those lid pulls...Mine tend to stick quite a bit...

az

MO, I just got back from being on the road. I will look it over and let you know.

Hey MO, (Man I can't say that with hearing Curly...LOL)

Where are you installing the lid pulls, on the main storage up front and or rod lockers? I don't know why Tracker didn't put them there to begin with. That is probaly my biggest pet pieve on the TV-18.

I'm interested in seeing it in the Grab bag!!

Marke

Marke:

I've got three lid pulls to install; one for each rod locker lid, and one for the main bin lid.

I've fiddled around with potential locations by just placing the pulls on the lids in various places. I'm either going to remove the locks and punch the larger holes for the pulls right over the old lock holes (so that the pulls are centered on the edge of each lid), or I'm going to have them in a straight line from port to starboard. That will place the pulls off-center on the lids, but for the rod lockers they will be where the lids "stick" the most - right next to the main storage bin lid.

If it were you, what would your preference be? Centered, or in a straight line? Andy, how 'bout you?

I sent a letter to Tracker Marine last week complimenting them on the TV-18 as a product, but suggesting some "improvements" in future models. One of those improvements would be to install the lid pulls up front.

By the way, since both of you have older models, does the livewell lid EVER loosen up? Sometimes I about bust the tips of my fingers off trying to get it to open!

Mo,

I was thinking of leaving the lock in the main compartment where it is and installing 2 pulls on either side centered between the lock and the edges of the lid. Two pulls would allow my wife and kids to open it more easily. My rod lockers don't stick that much, but a pull either centerd or more towards the main storage lid would work. I would leave the existing locks only because I already have 1 key that works all 3 locks. I think if you start buying after market locks then you have that many more keys to worry about loosing and fussing around trying to find the right one.

I don't have any trouble with my livewell. It is harder to open than the rest, but I wouldn't call it a problem. I think you just have to start catching Mofish so you can break her in...LOL

One other thing, Andy and my boats are 2001's. I can't believe they are "older models". What are not computers? They can't be out dated already....LOL

Marke

Well I'm certainly no Rich Stern, but I'm happy to know that web page actually inspired someone....LOL

Which reminds me, it's time to update that thing. Oh and incase you didn't know, that kid with the HUGE bass is Andy's son Jake and the bass that won him the Big Bass prize in their tourney.

That's why Jake now sits in the front of the boat on his pro bike seat and custom fit pedestal, while Dad fishes all the used water in the back of the boat....LOL

Since you're on line, if you haven't loaded my fishing web page, it's got a GREAT sound file! Click below and then, when you hear the sound file play, click "Continue" at the bottom of that page to go to the main fishing section. There is another sound file that will play.

I laugh every time I listen to these!
http://www.stlhofman.com/fishing2.htm

The second one is Awesome.......ROFLMAO!!!

You just gotta love Homer Simpson....hahaha

You guys are KILLING me!!! hahaha

Jake is the "master" in my boat...that's for sure!!!!

My boat is actually a 2000...the motor is a 2001...bought them both in 2001...boat was still "new"...

My livewell lid does not stick at all! None of the rear compartment lids stick...only the front three...they all hang up on each other. I like the idea of moving the rod locker pulls slightly towards the front compartment...I think that would give you the most force on your lift...I also like the idea of 2 pulls on the front compartment lid...heck, I've heard Jake grunt more than once trying to get to my tacklebox...hahaha

MO-are you using the 'fabric' loop style of pull that mounts under the lid???

az

Latest posts

Back