Grab Bag: Is this worth submitting?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
Okay, I'm done with my first major boat mod project. The lid locks have been installed in the rear deck hatches of my TV-18, and are keyed the same as the factory-installed locks (only ONE key needed, YEA!). I also installed three Attwood black plastic lid pulls on the rod locker lids and the lid to the front storage bin. The lids are all .100 aluminum, so I don't know if this project would apply to fiberglass boats.

Here's my dilemma: It turned out FANTASTIC! Exactly as I had hoped, and we even took photos of the installation as we went along. I'm really proud of it.

But...it took a couple of specialized tools that most folks wouldn't have access to unless you can find a place that rents them.

Do I......

a:) go to the trouble of submitting this to Rich as a Grab Bag project, or

b.) just post the story and pictures in a discussion thread and let it go at that, or;

c.) forget it because most folks wouldn't care one way or another.

You won't hurt my feelings if you vote "c". But, if you're a bit curious, please vote "b". If you really want to attempt something like this, please vote "a". Thanks for helping me decide.

MO

"D", send me a beer and your boat, and I debate it and get back to you! LOL

MO, it can never hurt to put it in the grab bag. I'm sure someone will use it sometime, and it's there ready to be reviewed.

MO - Definetly submit it, for me if nothing else! I installed a lock on the front storage compartment myself (didn't think to ask Tracker for a set with matched key, DUH!) and while it looks good, getting the track in the aluminium inside the deck smooth never happened. So you have to giggle it a little while you turn the key. I'd love to see what it realy takes and then I can ask my friends to borrow their tools!

I vote to post it. It's something that would relevant to almost every owner.

post it, i'm always checking grab bag for new things. stan

i'd vote a or b, post it, what one reader may not be interested in, another might, glad it worked out for you, and only one key too? great!

Mo,

Please submit to the grab bag. It for no other reason, at least do it for my and Andy's benefit.

Thanks,

Marke

Grab Bag please...

After Marke does his, I'm gonna have him come to Michigan and do mine...hahaha

thanks!!!

az

Please submit for the grab-bag along with the list of tools needed. That way, a person will know what is needed if they want to attempt the project!

RoyC

Great job on your detailed procedure MO!

I don't know what a Greenlee Model 7906SB Quick Draw Hydraulic Punch with 1/2 -inch through 2-inch diameter SlugoBuster metal punch-cutters is, but I just gotta have one! lol

Tool Time Rules ar ar ar

az

Latest posts

Back