Replacing deck carpet

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Orieux

Reaction score
Going to replace the carpeting on the front and rear decks of my 2006 Nitro 288 Sport. Anyone out there know if the decking itself is screwed to the stringers, or are they one piece with the hull/gunwhale? Thanks

I don't know about the screws, but I helped my son put new carpet in a 1984 procraft. We just ripped out the oold carpet cleaned it real good [The Deck]. cut new carpet pieces to fit and glued it down. It has been good for six or seven years now.

I think he did a search and found instructions on the internet. It took us 4 or 5 days but we took our time. We took doors off and cut the carpet to fit then glued and clamped it in place till the glue dried. Oh yeah you will need lots of clamps!

It's not a fun job, but very rewarding when you see the final result. His boat still looks great!

Hope this helps! Good Luck! :)

Minim did this and had some pictures of the process in his fancy ranger!!!!!

Looked great when he finished!

Randy!

https://picasaweb.google.com/115650626784568243829/CarpetJob#

Here are some pics.

If you havent been to BassBoatCentral to look at the Bassboat Restoration Forum, you NEED to! I read that stuff for months until I decided to try it on my own. Lots of work, but its worth it!

Thanks guys. When complete, I'll let you know how she turned out. I love this site!!

Latest posts

Back