Replace Motorguide ProSeries with Minn Kota Powerdrive

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Lowe

Reaction score
I have a 1997 Nitro 700LX which has Motorduide Tracker Proseries 50 on the bow. I am interested in a Minn Kota Powerdrive v2 55 48" but am concerned about the mount, whether it would fit, have to drill more holes, etc.

Made a similar transition a few years ago on my 750, required new holes for me.

Scissor mount to scissor mount (MG & MK) you should get four holes to line up. Powerdrives are a smaller footprint and I can only guarantee one hole will match. :cool: Good luck! ;)

I liked it fine; took me a while to get used to using the side-to-side foot pedal; never really did though. I recently upgraded to a 101 FORTREX. The 55 PD was still serviceable but just not powerful enough on some those windy days. Only problem I had was a bad mother board and I was able to rerplace it myself no problem [except the $60].

Thanks for the info. I haven't decided for sure what I'm going to do.

I've had two Minn Kota's and liked them, but had to replace the foot pedal which was about 70.00 bucks or so and then the mother board went out and that was another 75.00 bucks. I bought a 170 DC recently and it had a motorguide on it and I'm much happier with it than the Minn Kota. Also the side to side movement seems to wane after a little while with the Minn Kota foot peddle.

When my Motorguide goes, and hopefully that will be a while, I'll go back with a Motorguide, but that's just my preference. Hope it works out for ya

Latest posts

Back