RALLY UPDATE!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Hoping to get everyone's attention here! So far we have 21 really "cool" people signed up for the rally. Anyone else coming? Please e-mail Rich via the link on the home page and register. The more attendees, the more likely we are to get an appearance from somebody big, or get some participation by vendors. We already have some great stuff lined up for everyone, example.....

Mac will be awarding some customized toons, (see if we can get them framed)

trophies, and PRIZE MONEY (always a plus I think!)

Grab bags and door prizes,

dinner at the Naked Turtle!

So, that's just what we came up with so far. Wait until June, so please for my sanity, register as soon as you know you are coming.

Thanks,

Rob

I will be posting this on a regular basis, so get used to it! LOL

Yeah, ain't dat funny! We'll git 'em just you wait n see! I'm in a Nascar driver spelling mood, can you tell!

Don't forget....Tracker is sending a big box of goodies too....You should this soon Rob!!

..and also remember, the Prez is bringing a few toys and prizes too.

What is the absolute last minute deadline?....I'm

retiring from the Navy this Spring and probably

should head up home after my daughter gets out of

school, and before I start my "second" career..may

be a Win-Win situation if I go fishing and the wife

visits with her mother.

AMEN to the Navy, I'm retired Army. Look forward to meeting everyone at the Rally. My partner and I have decided were fishing strictly for that Champette. We like a good challenge. Good Fishinf

Huck,..give my Bro a call,..he works at the Newport Shipyards...CVN-77 program mgr. I'll get you his phone number,..it's at my work!! BTW,..he loves to hunt and fish but being new to VA, he doesn't know anyone yet. Take him fishing sometime and you'll be on the "A" list,..trust me!!!

Mac

Huck,

No deadline, it will just help a lot if I know in advance.

Jon,

My 1st recommendation is the StoneHelm Motel which is right off of exit 40 on I-87. Only about 10 minutes from the launch and it has a gas station and deli across the road. Plus it's on my way, so I can stop in the mornings, and whoever is staying there can follow me up. The phone # is (800) 443-4344. Rooms are clean and they accomodate for boats to charge at night, bring an extension cord!

Next is the Pioneer Motel, on Rte 9 just south of the StoneHelm, again, folks staying here can drive a couple of miles, take a left on the Spellman Rd see the Gas station and follow us up. Also very accomodating to bass fisherman. Number there is (518) 563-3050 on rte 9N. Both motels will run about $40-$60 a night. I am still trying to keep it down in the $40 range.

The Super 8 is off exit 39 of I-87 on Rte 9N and about 15-20 minutes south of the launch site. The number there is (800) 800-8000. Rates were not confirmed but should be under $70 a night. They have a pool and are close to town. Also, if you are coming from anywhere that requires you to take the ferry from VT over, it will be right in front of you as you get on the interstate. For those of hyou that wish for very nice accomodations, e-mail me, I can make arrangements for suites at Point Au Roche Lodge, a B&B that is nestled right in the game preserve and again on the way to the launch, but more like $125 a night. Marine Village cottages are right on the lake, and only about 300 yards from the Point Au Roche boat launch. If you stay there, you can launch in Pt au Roche, and drive your boat about 5 miles up the lake and meet us at the Chazy river for the launch. Cottages usually are booked for the week, but I believe weekends are available. Tom Mac and Jim Brown usually stay there and can tell you the rates, number is (518) 563-5698. Address is 82 Dickson Pt rd, Plattsburgh, NY 12901. For campers, see Cumberland Bay campsite, that Magna19 talks about. Again on the way if you are coming across the ferry and about 20 minutes from the launch. A gas station and deli is just before the entrance, number there is (518) 563-5240. Also about 1 mile north of the Super 8 on Rte 9N is Plattsburgh RV Park, 7182 Rte 9, number is (518) 563-3915. Very accomodating for entire family. There is one other cabin rental site in the islands in VT, that taylor to bass anglers. Again, Jim and Tom stay there regularly and give the details. It's in the narrows on the lake, you can leave your boat in the water, and are only about a 5 minute boat ride from the Chazy River launch where we will originate. Hope this helps everyone. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or e-mail.

Rob

Latest posts

Back