Rally Bass Tournament Top 5

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Greco

Reaction score
It was a very tough tournament on Kentucky Lake. Not many keepers were caught. My partner and I caught 13 bass with only one keeper. I believe Ken and team caught 15 with no keepers. Here are the top 5 from the Rally.

1) Trepper -- 1 fish 5 lbs 13 ozs

2) Rick Seargeant -- 1 fish 2 lbs 13 ozs

3) Donnie (DonJovi) -- 1 fish 2 lbs 12 ozs

4) Al Greco -- 1 fish 2 lbs 7 ozs

5) Jed -- 1 fish 1 lbs 10 ozs

No way!!!! Trepster caught a 5 lber? Isn't this one of the 7 signs??? LOL

Nice job Jarjar!

ALMOST a 6lber!!!

I caught 6 bass on Saturday, but like the rest of the group 5 were too small, including a 14.5 incher that was probably 2lbs.

I would like to thank Pro Crappie Pit Crew for thier support in this win:

1. Al Greco for sharing the secret lure with me! A silver/black hard jerkbait! I caught EVERY fish on Saturday with that lure, could not get bit on anything else!

2. Steve Rizza for showing Bob and I the warmer water on the other side of the Lake. I caught most of my fish and the big one w/in 300 yards of where Steve started fishing.

3. My Fishing encyclopedia - Neeley!!! The man is a fishing knowledge MACHINE!!! He shared with a lot of us his suggestions and observations! He told me (and I know i'll get the phrases wrong) to fish the inside edge of an outside bend. I picked up the 14.5 inch fish in a pocket in about 5ft of water and then moved out to the next breakline in 10-15ft of water and cast into the shallower water and brought it out deeper, this with a shallow jerk bait! I NEVER would have thought to fish that bait in 10-15ft of water, so THANKS Ken!!

4. and Last but NOT least my Net B%tch Bob G!! That man KNOWS how to net a fish! I also learned to NOT put the net in the water until it's ready to come out! I've lost fish for a friend that way, didn't know till this weekend that the net would spook the fish, so keep it out of the water until just before you get the fish!

So a HUGE learning experience for Trep, and GREAT time and MAN my biggest fish EVER!!!

Now Rob - If you pay expenses and provide the beer, i'd be happy to come up to NY and teach you a few things before your first Pro Tourney this year!!! BBBWWWWAAAAAA

First thing would be to sell that glass sled and go TIN!!!! LOL

By the way, ALL the Pot winners were in TIN!! Staci caught the winning Crappie in my boat!!! LOL
2004%20April%2017%20Rally%20Big%20Fish%20for%20web.jpg

Ummm, Trep, I know you're riding high now and all, and not to bust your bubble (OK maybe just a little!) but when you can catch a LIMIT of those, and in 1 day not a lifetime.....THEN you can come up to Champlain and teach me! LOL And we'll take your tin rig and by the end of the day, you'll be BEGGING to ride in glass! LOL

Trep -

What Rob is trying to say is that he'd really like you to show him how to fish on waters other than Champlain!

Hell Rob you know i'd just be happy catching more then 1 fish each trip, but on a water as tough as this was that i've never fished, i'm happy as heck! Let alone that fact that I beat Neeley!!! LOL

Ok....time to confess.

I really wanted Trep, our no-fish-catching little buddy from Georgia to do well, so I didn't fish at all on Saturday.

I donned my scuba gear and swam alongside Trep's boat (it only goes about 3mph). When he stopped, I swam around under water until I found a toad, then I hooked it on his line and swam away undetected.

Now you know...the rest of the story.

Hey, isn't that the same thing you did for me and Marke at the '02 Rally???

Hey Staci,

I'd be happy to meet you at any water neither of us have fished before and show you how to pattern fish! LOL

Anyone up for a trip to Cayuga lake this year. It will be my first time on it, and I have 2 or 3 tourneys there this year.

NY Federation in June.....spawn to post spawn

BFL in July.....post spawn, mid summer bite...tough

Partner tourney with Buzz in July.....ask Buzzy afterwards how I did.

And Champlain as "home water" is much like 1000 Islands/ Lake Ontario, or St. Clair/Detroit River/Erie/Michigan, etc. These waters are SO big, they are the equivalent of fishing 5-6 different bodies of water (puddles) you boys do. They have so many different types and ways to fish and so much water to cover. You can fish them your whole life and not see it all.

Trep could also teach you a little something about bragging.....

He saves his until AFTER the fact!

Neeley - I'm sending you the pic's, you only wanted the one with you holding my fish and the ones in the Tracker right??

"inside edge of an outside bend" hmmm sounds familiar. :) Maybe closer to "fish the inside edge of the creek channel, especially near an outside bend with grass"

Youre welcome.

Pierre, no divers around me....if there were I would catch them too!

Mini

Nice job Trep!!! I was glad I was there to be your net b*tch!!! That was one kick a** fish, considering how slow the fishing was all weekend.

Bob G.

Bob - We forgot to measure the length and girth!! Go figure, Beka asked me why I didn't bring her home to mount next to Mac's plaque!!! She said "even if you get a bigger fish it won't be during a Rally!!!"

Better wife then I thought!! LOL

Measurements help but they can do a mount from the pics that I have seen of that fish. Get them all together and go to a good taxadermist and they will be right on. The good thing is that you have different angles of pics, that helps.

TOXIC

Tox - Thanks i'll see who there is around here, in hind sight i'd LOVE to have a fish mounted with Mac's award on one side and the Rally Award on the other!!

Guys - Thanks, Tin RULED the Rally!!!

Awesome job Trep! That is something to be proud of especially after all the ribbing you took before the rally about not catching fish or only catching dinks. Must make it all the more sweeter.

Hopefully next week I can give the TIN guys another little shot in the arm so to speak. I will be fishing lake fork and wouldn't mind hauling in a few like yours.

Wolf

Couldn't have happened to a better guy (besides me).LOL

You GOT ER' DONE !!!!!!!!!1

Mike Mikel - I've only fished 3 T's before this, one Rally in Atlanta and 2 night Pot T's and brought ZERO fish to all 3!!! So heck I was just happy to catch fish, even if they were too small, though that 14.5 incher i TRIED to squeeze!!! LOL

Latest posts

Back