Questions on Seafoam

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Droke

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals, I decided to run seafoam for the first time in my gas. The question is how much per gallon? Bottle says 2 oz per gallon for two cycle engines that burn gas/oil mixes. What ratio do you guys use?

I was always wondering. This is off topic in a way but. How well does Seafoam work compared to Stabil or the blue Startron stuff? Now, i am gonna be using this in a snowmobile (2 cycle). I have always used Stabil (Red stuff)in all my toys, but with the ethanol, is the seafoam a better grade protection? I don't run it in the gas during the winter months as gas don't stay in my sled very long. Usually i put it in the fuel at the end of the season, which is about 3 weeks ago. I have maybe 2 gallons on fuel left in the sled, Seafoam,Startron or Stabil? Bob B, can you email me youre suggestion, to the email address in my profile? Thanx, Jim

Well, I'm going to give you a biased opinion based on my findings. IMHO, Sea-Foam is about as close to a magic elixir as I dare say. It is a stabilizer, cleaner, and water dispersant all rolled into one formula. I use it in nearly everything I own from saws, splitters, mowers, motorcycle, diesel tractor, etc. and do not have any problems. Wanna hear a good one? Put my grizzly away last September, did NOT winterize the fuel system (because I use it in every tank), and started it the other day. It started right up, idled like it just had the carb rebuilt. I can go on with similar stories with other boats. I give it an "A" plus......;)

I'll attest to seafoam's virtue's too...I use a can in every tank full.....I didn't winterize my outboard this past fall either,.....just stored it with a full tank of gas...2 weekends ago, I took it to the lake for it's shakedown cruise.......it started up like it had just been run and hour earlier. Not the least bit of effort...that motor purrs like a kitten!! It's a 1994 Merc 150EFI. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back