questions about 08 Z6 Nitro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Guess

Reaction score
Well, I got a used 08 Nitro Z6/ 115 Optimax today. No book on it so my son and I are trying to figure things out. I have many questions but lets start with the basic stuff.... motor says Jul. 07 but everything else is 2008 ( boat and trailer)-is it still considered an 08? Anything I need to know about care for this motor ( I have a 2004 PT 175/50 2 stroke that I have loved and still do but it has to go...) Niro has a Hummingbird 170 fish finder on front deck but no wires to it.........duh. Do I have to add a transducer to troll motor and get power from troll motor battery? Aerator red light not on....either bad connection or does it have a fuse? Or the aerator could be bad, right? Bilge and recirculator red light on and both working fine. Troll motor is way under power, 40lb...........it has to go. Does anyone have a 54lb. 12 v. troll motor and are you happy with it? I would like to keep the weight down and I do not fish all day anyway so one battery would make me very happy. Lots of room in the stern compartment. My boat actually has a spare battery back there....well, enough for now. Lots of cleaning and investegating to do tomorrow after a good nights rest...long day today having to drive into New Orleans and back to Diamondhead, Ms. with new, used boat. Mostly mental stress about am I doing the right thing or not.........time will tell, thanks to anyone that can give me help here, kenny

Congrats on the boat. I have the same one. Is your master switch on when you try the aerator? Does the bilge or pump out work? I had a 54lb & upgraded to a 24 volt 82 lb and love it. If you have 2 batteries and are upgrading to get a 24 volt and you will never need more. If you no not have any wires for your finder you will need to add a transducer. Under the front switch panel you will find a pair of 12 volt wires for your power already there that are attached to the cranking motor and fuse block. You can look up the year of the boat in your serial number it will say '07 or '08. I do not think they made 07 Z6's. Dont' forget to add a Baitbar - LOL!

the build date for your merc is 2007.nitro is an 08 common early in the manufacturing year as new model year production for nitro begins two months before merc new model year.

go with the 24 volt trolling motor you wont regret it,

also never hook up the power to your depth finder to the trolling battery it will cause inteferance every time you step on the trolling motor pedal.

congrats the z-6 is a great littel boat lots of bang for you buck will handle all but the 50,000 acre+ lakes and even alot of those if they arent wide open.

best of luck!

Thanks BaitBar and Joe. I found out that the aerator's fuse was blown, changed it, working now...yea. Spent the day detailing the boat and just about took it apart....next big step is to get a new troll motor. Plan to take it out tomorrow for a nice ride near my home.

Bait bar....I will get two of those for my boat, really cool idea man.

Latest posts

Back