Question for Merc Bob

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Jaworski

Reaction score
Hi Bob,

I just purchased a 2008 Triton with a 150 Optimax (24hrs). Really no use. I checked the boat out well and ran it for a weekend (tank of gas) no engine problems except high idel once or twice when I pulled it out of gear. I had to shut the motor down and restart fo the idle to become normal. The engine had not been run for 6 months. He did have stabil and Merc stabilizer in the fuel. I went to refill my oil tank and noticed that the oil was blue?? I know Opti oil is brown. I drained the tank and refilled with Opti oil. Sould I drain the reserve tank on the engine or just let it replenish itself with opti oil??

Also I see you chose Sea Foam over Stabil marine. Is that the Sea Foam engine treatment for gasoline and diesel engines?

Thanks,

Mark

As far as the high idle, be sure to check your shift / throttle cable adjustment. The throttle cable should have a SLIGHT pre-load, against the stop. If it is "floating", the tps controls the "rpm" and may not let it return to idle.

The "blue" oil is more than likely Premium Plus, and you are right, the DFI oil is brown. Drain off as much as possible, and then introduce the new stuff, they are miscible.

The Sea-Foam is the product for gas / diesel motors.....use it per the instructions......good stuff!! ;)

Back