Question About Lake St Clair

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Lambeth

Reaction score
Thinking about launching out of Crocker and hitting the mile roads tomorrow. The weather is calling for south/southwest winds about 16MPH. What type of waves should I expect?

In the past, I would usually go out when it was blowing less than 12MPH. I also had a smaller boat.

should be very fishable (waves less than a foot)........winds from the W and SW don't affect the mile roads very much at all.......it's the East, SE and NE winds that make it rough!!;)

good luck...

Mac

Thanks Mac. I've been getting the itch to get back out there. Should be able to hammer them this time of year.

it'll never get easier!!...LOL...well...maybe it will.....with a few more days of warm weather!!:wub:

calling for SW winds is one thing.....actually getting them is another. the pond has been rough the past few days....but the fish are biting once you find em. :)

Howd you do?

We ended up going out there and waiting out strong thunderstorms in the morning at the launch and got on the water around 8:30. The action was a little slower than I'd like but we still managed to get about 20 mainly on tubes in 7ft. No real monsters, mostly 2.5-3.5 lbs with a couple 4lbers. I think the storms made it tougher. Pretty good day for most waters, but not for St. Clair in May! Looking forward to get back out there soon.

On our way back, the winds were blowing from the southeast 25-30 MPH. Made for an interesting ride back to say the least. The new boat handled the "chop" nicely (better than the driver!).

I know I was out there Friday and Sunday.

Latest posts

Back