PVS Venting question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Major Mark

Reaction score
I've been reading all the chatter of late about vents sizes, in & out, etc & have a question or 2...

I have a Targa 17, 115 Opti running a Trophy Plus 21 pitch prop. When I got it I started with all 4 plugs out & worked my backwards to having 2 plugs in, 2 holes empty. that's where I achieved my expected hole shot & a good top speed while attaining 5900 rpm. So I left it like that, but now am wondering if I'm leaving a little bit of performance "in the water". Would it make any difference if instead of having 2 plugs in, 2 totally removed, if I bought 4 small, 4 medium, 4 large vents & experimented with a mixed (or more balanced) combination?...or would I be throwing $$ in the water trying to get something better then I've already got? Holeshot is currently great. The boat about leaps out of the water & on plane (2 people, full fuel, 2 livewells & baitwells full, etc). I did lose 2.4 MPH GPS from the original Black Max 19 pitch the dealer installed when I switched to the Trophy. It now currently runs 40.2 MPH GPS with above loading, 42.4 MPH GPS with just me & usually just the front livewell/baitwell full (I believe in CPR).

Anyone care to offer opinions please??

Maj

Hey MM / Pat,

What's the recommended RPM range for that engine? On my 225 Opti, I know it's 5750. Don't know what it is for the 115, so I thought I'd ask.

All the best,

Glenn

just checked, the max RPM listed on the motor is 5750, thus my tach must have an error factor in it. Guess I'll just leave the prop vented the way it is..... thx for the replies....

Latest posts

Back